Robot World

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

Overhaul
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g What happened to the drill?

5 years ago

I noticed the drill had been removed.. Why the sudden change?

5 years ago

I feel like the author changes this mod too much. Thankfully we can download older versions.

5 years ago

I apologize for that. I've added the drills back into the mod. I initially removed them because of some bugs they caused, but I've fixed them. Let me know if you have any other requests.

5 years ago

I feel like the author changes this mod too much. Thankfully we can download older versions.

At least this one is being worked on.

5 years ago

Are there plans for the mining drill to come back into the mod?

5 years ago

Not sure yet. Do you feel that the logistic drill is significantly better than a regular mining drill?

5 years ago

There is a mod for Logistic Mining Drills, but it comes later. Personally, I have no issue using logistic chests at miners for this purpose (Alien Drills from Alien Loot Economy are awesome).

5 years ago

I love the logistic drill. I want it added to the base game. Also I would like the option for no hand crafting returned. It feels as though a lot of the flavour of the mod has been iterated away with the loss of these items. It's still useful but it doesn't feel game changing anymore.

5 years ago

Yeah I really enjoy having the logistic drill too. There is an option in the console command to turn hand crafting off I believe. You just need to edit the permissions for that.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I added hand crafting back in a while ago, but if you want, you can try the No Hand Crafting mod.

The reason why I removed the logistic drill is because there aren't multiple tiers of it, so if you're playing with Bob's Mining, Alien Loot Economy, Factorio++, 5Dim's, FactorioExtended, etc. and want to upgrade your mining outpost, you'll have to redo the entire thing. I'll allow logistic mining drills to be used early, but I'll leave them out of the mod. If you want to enable them, download the Logistic Mining Drill mod.

New response