Robot World

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

Overhaul
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g Construction robots getting stuck, not related to storage chests.

5 years ago

When placing blueprinted wall layout with roboports my construction robots got stuck. Even the new ones I placed inside roboports would get stuck immediately. I found that removing this line from mod config helped.

data.raw["roboport"]["roboport"].recharge_minimum = "0kW"

In vanilla this value is set to 40MJ not kW.
If you want I can give you a save with this bug occurring.

5 years ago

I see you just updated the mod. I had this happen in version 1.0.13

5 years ago

I've released version 1.0.15, which should fix the issue. Recharge_minimum is now set to 1 * powmulti .. "MJ". If that doesn't work, let me know.

5 years ago

I once tried making a similar mod. I just finished a game in 6 hours 50 minutes. Here are my thoughts.
-it's incompatible with 0.17 conversion mod (and probably 0.17 verison of the game in future) because the recipe for flying-robot-frame is disabled permanently. I suggest adding the recipe unlock to some technology.
-for anyone playing, limit all provider chests with wires, not by locking chest slots. Even 200 science per chest is too much.
-I think stock inserter stack bonuses would be balanced. Fast inserters are often not enough and stack inserters are worthless. The overclocked inserter is a bad idea when the solution is already present in vanilla.

5 years ago

I'm not sure why this mod would be incompatible with the 0.17 science conversion mod. I have that mod, and I'm able to manufacture logistic and construction robots just fine.

I'll add more tips about how to use the mod properly, including some obvious tips for those not familiar with the logistic system. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're saying that fast inserters and stack inserters don't live up to their expectations, yet you're also saying that vanilla already contains the solution. What do you mean by that? Just asking.

5 years ago

In 0.17 mod utility science pack (yellow science) recipe requires flying robot frames and they are not available.

I mean that inserter bonuses are disabled, and without them all inserters suck. Just reenable the inserter bonus techs and all will be ok.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'll add flying robot frames back in. I'm also considering changing the recipe for yellow science to use some other complex material besides flying robot frames. What's the point of them if you're not using them for making robots?

I removed the bits of code that disabled the inserter bonus techs a while ago. Just update the mod and you should be good. I'm going to release another update in a few minutes, if you want to grab that when it comes out.

5 years ago

Some mods use Flying Robot Frames as components. Example; Tuxego's Heavy Tank 2°Gen. Laser Gattling Cannons use them, but there are others.

Haven't tried this mod yet, but it's VERY relevant to my interests and looking forward to trying it. Thanks for making this!

New response