Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Recalling Robots

1 year, 8 months ago

So after the troops go out and do their business (which they are extremely effective at) is there a way to recall them all back to base, where they were spawned, or anywhere? I had sent some down to thin out some southern bases, which instead of thinning out, they utterly exterminated, i didn't really know what happened to them after that. Until was zooming around and found a squad of 8 terminators just chilling near a patch of woods.

And issues/questions.

Also, I have squad size set to 20, and retreat size set to 6, 20 terminators seem to be able to handle just about any size base, at least once. But they don't seem to retreat. They just still go till they're dead, or everything in a wide area is dead. A real scorched earth mindset, lol. But not sure why they didn't retreat. The first 2 initial squads fought until they died. After that, they didn't need to retreat.

Second. They seem to do fine when just left to attack what they want. But when trying to command them, they sometimes get stuck. One of the squads I lost died because mid assault on a biter base they just...stopped. Maybe 6 or 7 of the 20 continued to fight, but the rest just idled. After biters killed a chunk of them, they decided to fight again, but by then it was too late to turn the tide, it was a BIG base. Or if I direct a squad opposite the direct they tried to go on there own, they occasions stop half way and go back the way they wanted to go, or will strike one base then go back they direction they wanted to go, even if another base is closer to wherever they were then.

Idk if this is an issue or bug, or just quirks you have to deal with, which believe me, the utility of these little guys is well worth the quirks.
Or if it is perhaps a mod conflict issue. I don't have many mods. Most are just little utility ones, like bigger researchable inventory or long reach, (idk how you play this game without long reach.) The biggest is a vehicle mod to allow for planes and more varied guns. But I'm not a developer, idk what would really cause mods to conflict, so idk if that would be an issue.

1 year, 3 months ago

The only possible quirks can arise from if you have Unit Control mod active and are using that to control them, that would normally completely disable the normal squad AI though.

If you are using the robot army squad selection/command tool then it's probably just some pathfinding/state issues going on.

The bug of "squad is attacking or on the way and just stops randomly and doesn't fight back" is a known issue, I don't know what causes it or how to fix it. The AI of the units should at least fight back but they often just sit there and get killed. The AI is based off the game's core Biter AI, so there are some weird things that come up that I don't have control of.

New response