Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Unit Control integration

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

While using Unit Control mod - droid assembler deployed units no more using automatic search&destroy behaviour.
So I went to sources of Robot Army and comment out

if not game.active_mods["Unit_Control"] then

in droid assembler (and in some other places) but leave for droid guard stations.
Now droids from assembler continue to automatically hunting.

I wrote suggestion to Unit Control mod (implement hunt command).
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Unit_Control/discussion/616eb5239072f264957555af

But for now looks like I need to apply my patches for new Robot Army releases because automatic hunt (search&destroy) is awesome.

2 years ago

I had issues with allowing both Unit Control and my own squad hunting AI at the same time, where the Unit Control commands of a squad which has commands from my own AI control would conflict and cause unitgroup breaking, and my squad AI would just override whatever the unitcontrol command was, and it was quite a mess.

Have you tried commanding units which are auto-hunting from the guard station? what issues do you see?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yeah, when trying to control untis from Droid Assembler with Unit Control, that already has controlled with Robot Army AI squad control I had error:

Мод Robot Army (0.4.12) Π²Ρ‹Π·Π²Π°Π» Π½Π΅ΡƒΡΡ‚Ρ€Π°Π½ΠΈΠΌΡƒΡŽ ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ±ΠΊΡƒ.
ΠŸΠΎΠΆΠ°Π»ΡƒΠΉΡΡ‚Π°, сообщитС ΠΎΠ± этой ошибкС Π°Π²Ρ‚ΠΎΡ€Ρƒ ΠΌΠΎΠ΄Π°.

Error while running event robotarmy::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaUnitGroup API call when LuaUnitGroup was invalid.

So I trying to remember use Droid pick up tool on droids that already commands from Robot Army AI and then manually deploy them before Unit Control'ing them.
Inconvenience ?
For me automatic bugs eradication worth it.

2 years ago

yeah, so i'm working on ways to better integrate unit control and the squad AI for hunting etc.

try out the v0.5.0 in development version here:
https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio/archive/refs/heads/Unstable.zip

put that into your mods folder but rename it to be robotarmy_0.5.0 and try that in a separate save game or a new sandbox game to test it out.

2 years ago

@dreamwar

Could you be willing to put more details into how to use Unit Control while keeping the hunting feature of robot army?
I don't understand where to put the line of code you say to put...

Please help a fellow out, thanks ^^''

New response