Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g a throwback!

2 years ago

hi! remember this post?

"is their going to be any more robots for this mod in the near future?
love this mod very much and id like to be able to create more kinds of robots with factorissimo 2!

if their had to be more bots i would suggest making...
sniper bot
gatling bot
grenade launcher (Mortar) bot
acid spitter bot
tank cannon bot
howitzer bot

maybe large bots with combinations!
cannon+gatling bot
Heavy Laser+Rocket bot
Acid or Flamethrower + Grenade Bot (a deadly riot bot)

and last a very large bot to fight any large bugs or go solo to wipe out nests

(needs HELLA RESEARCH and HELLA RESOURCES a true end game fighting machine)

Laser or Gatling +Rocket or Cannon + Acid or Flamethrower"

i was wondering if this mod was still getting support and if you maybe had time for new content additions?

and when i mean "Laser or Gatling +Rocket or Cannon + Acid or Flamethrower" for the mega bot

i mean combinations like

Gatling + Rocket + Flamethrower

or Laser + Cannon + Acid Thrower

or any of the three combinations for it

maybe a medium sized robot with just two weapons too? if its possible yet.

2 years ago

Hey,

I haven't had much time to even finish off the last bits of v5.0, which actually does have a Gatling gun robot in it -the engineer droid. The engineer droid is a close-range gatling gun droid with an area-effect repair aura, and can also build any building blueprint you put near them if you have the required item in the engineer storage chests in your base.

Regarding the new robots, I do want a sniper robot, a long-range/mortar robot, and tank/grenade launcher style robot. I just don't have the time yet.

I do want a medium/large mega-bot for late game usage, to allow people to have less robots which do more damage and not need 1000's of normal, early-tech droids. This will help scale the end-game, and also reduce CPU load from the mod.

It needs some careful game-design, recipe/cost balancing, tech pathway planning, custom artwork (takes time/outsourcing), and for more advanced features (like auto-casting abilities such as automatic grenade-launching when enemies come within range every 30 seconds, etc) it required a bunch of testing and prototyping ideas and ways to efficiently code them into the game.

I just had a baby, so i'm on paternity leave soon, will have some time.. but also have 100 other projects and some with $ involved so I can't guarantee I will be able to make all these dreams come true for this mod.

New response