Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g PvP not targeting structures with Unit Control

2 years ago

me and a friend decided to do a factorio PvP using your robots to attack each other, eventually i managed to breach his defences and noticed something, the robots weren't targeting his machines, only his turrets and robot army, i decided to test whether this was something to do with Unit Control being installed and discovered that with unit control installed robots will not target enemy structures unless you designate an attack move, in which case they will attack and destroy the first enemy structure they come across then stop shooting. I believe this is because that enemy non combatant structures are not set to auto target (so if i press space with a machine gun as a player when hovering over an assembler it won't auto shoot them even though we are on opposing hostile teams). I'm not sure if this is an issue with the base game, unit control, robot army or some combination.

2 years ago

This is an issue with the biter AI logic, it's not very easy for me to make this better.

biter AI really only stops/cares about turrets (active military buildings) and player entities or other 'unit' entities. They will not stop to attach buildings in a very smart way, which is pretty lame honestly.

if the buildings block their path they will attack them.

New response