Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Controlling spawn amount per Spawner instead of globally

3 years ago

Hi, I was looking for the possibility to read the spawners/hunting area active amount instead of the global active amount of droids, so you could limit spawning on a per-outpost level instead of globally.

I was reading about it a while in the forums and discussions and it seemed to me that you added this with the new system in the v.5 version. I went and grabbed the unstable from github, but I can't see any mention of this particular possibility in the change list or feature list, so I figured it's best to just ask the man who knows before I go ahead and scrap my current save and start over with robot army 0.5.

Thank you, I love the mod, please keep being awesome!

3 years ago

Hello,

yes, the v5 on github unstable branch has the new method of looking at the attached settings module, and the counter module only shows what is deployed from that assembler too.

be aware the global counter doesn't function anymore, but I will be soon allowing non-attached counters to act as global counters still.
The global settings module also doesn't work, which i'll be getting around to as well. the mod-defaults are what the assmbler will use, until you attach a settings module directly to the assembler with a circuit wire and set the signals you want to be non-default.

the defaults are still shown in the config.lua file.

the general squad formation in the new verison is more loose, and is still work in progress, but it seems more reliable than the older v4 methods to get them to go and do something.

3 years ago

Sounds pretty awesome to me :)

Thank you

3 years ago

Hey, did you try it yet? there's been a bunch of bug fixing lately too, from github and issues posted here.

Please, try getting the latest of v5 available here:
https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio/archive/Unstable.zip

and make a folder in your mods directory called robotarmy_0.5.0 and put all those files in it, and check that version out.

3 years ago

"Error while applying migration: Robot Army: robotarmy_0.3.5.lua

robotarmy/migrations/robotarmy_0.3.5.lua:25: attempt to index field 'droid-rifle-deploy' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
robotarmy/migrations/robotarmy_0.3.5.lua:25: in main chunk"

got that after trying to use your v5 in a game that was already in progress(using 4.8 previously)

works fine in a new game though

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That migration file is a bug, should be deleted, isn't necessary for v5...

Also v5 is not really backwards compatible and will not properly handle the older 4.8 systems, everything had changed

3 years ago

Thanks for the info. Great mod btw!

3 years ago

Is there an expected ETA for this v5 version? I'm starting up a server tomorrow and it would be useful to use an updated version considering you state:

Also v5 is not really backwards compatible

3 years ago

Is there an expected ETA for this v5 version? I'm starting up a server tomorrow and it would be useful to use an updated version considering you state:

Also v5 is not really backwards compatible

Hey, due to other commitments I haven't had much time to spend on it. V5 is t coming in any reasonable short term timeline. I would estimate it is months away still.

3 years ago

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I'll use the current version then so everyone can sync up. Thanks for getting back!

New response