Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Incompatibility With Unit Control

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello, I would first like to say that I REALLY enjoy this mod, and I really appreciate all the work and effort you've put into making it so great :)

Onto business: It seems that there's a critical problem with using Unit Control with this mod. Every time I select and move a unit with Unit Control's control menu, I get this error:

The mod Robot Army (0.4.8) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event robotarmy::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaUnitGroup API call when LuaUnitGroup was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__robotarmy
/robolib/retreat.lua:14: in function 'orderSquadToRetreat'
robotarmy/robolib/Squad.lua:707: in function 'validateSquadIntegrity'
robotarmy/robolib/Squad.lua:384: in function 'squadStillExists'
robotarmy/robolib/SquadControl.lua:11: in function 'updateSquad'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:39: in function 'processSquadUpdatesForTick'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:362: in function 'tickForces'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:458: in function <robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:455>

This happened after placing down a robot unit and moving them with Unit Control instead of Robot Army's movement controls.
I've tried setting hunting size and retreat count to 0, and those didn't fix it.
This is in experimental 1.1.X. Could that be the problem?

Looking forward to a response. Regardless, I'll continue enjoying the mod without Unit Control.

P.S How do you get robots to follow you?

3 years ago

hello,

sorry for the delayed response.

This was not an issue in pre v1.1 of factorio and the latest updates both myself and Klonan had to make to our mods, it's possible something is now broken.

I wasn't able to even test Unit Control with v1.x until it was only recently updated, but I haven't actually done the tests and resolved issues like this yet, because I have no time right now. :(

When I find the time, i'm trying to spend it on getting v0.5 ready which has a bunch of new stuff and changes the general dynamic of squads and units and should be more in-line with Unit Control usage, and in fact Unit Control is now required for my mod in this in-progress version i'm working on.

If Unit Control was working for you, you simply tell the selected units to move to your character by clicking on yourself with a move command, and they will follow you around.

Without Unit Control, there is no way at this time.

3 years ago

For note, I'm running robotarmy and unitcontrol without experiencing this error.

New response