Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g This mod is VERY good

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

wow, when unit-mod is disabled and your robot army is autonomous, it's just like i have my own faction, or more like i am a robot king, i don't know what feeling is this but, it's good to be in the offensive without compromising my base, like the aliens do, they all zerg rush in my base knowing that their base will be intact in the aftermatch, WHY I CAN NOT DO THAT IN THE VANILA GAME? THIS MOD SHOULD BE MANDATORY, PLEASE KEEP UPDATING IT.

3 years ago

Wow, thank you Skylord. I am very glad you enjoy it, and the feeling of satisfaction of your automated killing machines.

Please spread the word of how awesome the mod is. Maybe even start a Reddit thread of praise. Make a movement!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

i will say about your mod in my steam review when i make one, also i really wanna this mod to grow... my ONLY complain is about the fps drops when you make a decent army.. but, and if the robots behave like the biters and the bases would be like nests, and it would also be nice if you had a stance system FOR EACH GROUP OF ROBOT "garrison, defensive, and aggressive stances" and you could choose what one group would do and the other would not. Ex:

-- garrison stance: would make the robots never attack, they would wait if any building is attacked by a biter and go in the direction of the attack immediately and then when there's no more attack alarms coming for that direction in a amount of time they would return to their base

--defensive stance: would make the robots attack the biters that were inside the pollution area or that were close enough to attack some structure built by the player while protecting the factory if an attack happened, very useful against some mods that make the biters very powerful and you are in a marathon run so the lifes of each robots worths a lot.

-- aggressive stance: would make the robots attack the nests of the closer to as far as possible to conquer territories for the expansion of the factory, the balanced would be an aggressive way only that the robots could not go very far as soon as the factory is attacked they would help it as soon as possible

and also repairs stances, like ("high repair would make the robots coming back if their robots is at 1/4 of their forces and etc")

i think it would be better than manually setting this...i finded it weird when i first manually edited, i think this would make this mod more "vanilla friendly" and it would be very good, also, defensive stance would be very useful.... also make the robots stand in a formation when they are idle

i never put so much effort for making a suggestion for a mod, i am Brazilian and i used a lot of google translator for do this because it's very difficult for make a text in english for me, also, i would translate this mod for Brazilian-Portuguese if you want.

3 years ago

Skylord, you will be very happy to know that the new version of Robot Army I am developing is doing almost exactly as you say. Each 'group' comes from a specific droid assembler building, which is their "home". They will default to "agressive" stance, as you call it, but you can connect a droid settings module with circuit wire to EACH different assembler building, to set that Group's stance, and size, and attach a counter to the building to get a signal on how many droids (and what type) are alive in that group.

The "retreat size" which is already in the mod, with the settings module, is supposed to be for "repair stance" behaviour, when they return to base if the squad is too low in number of units.

Thank you for putting in the time to write your suggestions.

If you want to contribute with a portuguese language translation, please look at the Locale folder and files - there is a german translation in the 'de' folder, and the english file with names is in the 'en' folder. Take the english one and make a portuguese one and upload it to the github https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio as an Issue with the file attached. I will then include it in the next release, and also if there are new words and units (which there are!) I can use Github to communicate with you (if I comment, it will email you).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

i will contribute for it, i love this mod a lot

3 years ago

can i have some freedom to change some stuff for portuguese? there's some literal-translations that sounds very weird in Brazilian-portuguese, also, can i call them all Androids or all robots? like droid-rifle that's clockwork riflebot, of course,my sugestion: call the dumb and cannon folder ones "robots" and the smart and big-boy ones "androids" (because androids are smarter than robots) regardless all of that i will make the translation most closed of your original intentions.
anyway, contact me in my email: felipebuenoaliski@gmail.com

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

can i have some freedom to change some stuff for portuguese? there's some literal-translations that sounds very weird in Brazilian-portuguese, also, can i call them all Androids or all robots? like droid-rifle that's clockwork riflebot, of course,my sugestion: call the cannon folder ones "robots" and the big-boy ones "androids" (because androids are better than robots) regardless all of that i will make the translation most closed of your original intentions.
anyway, contact me in my email: felipebuenoaliski@gmail.com

3 years ago

I emailed you, did you get it?

3 years ago

i thought you totally forgot about me, then i started to search for your email, well...it was very
camouflaged with other emails, sorry, my bad

3 years ago

i finished the translation

New response