Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b compatibility issue?

3 years ago

hello, when i try to give any order whith the mod unit control (as recomended) the game crashes the next second whith this message

Error while running event robotarmy::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaUnitGroup API call when LuaUnitGroup was invalid.
stack traceback:
robotarmy/robolib/Squad.lua:628: in function 'validateSquadIntegrity'
robotarmy/robolib/Squad.lua:384: in function 'squadStillExists'
robotarmy/robolib/SquadControl.lua:11: in function 'updateSquad'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:39: in function 'processSquadUpdatesForTick'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:362: in function 'tickForces'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:458: in function <robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:455>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__robotarmy
/robolib/Squad.lua:628: in function 'validateSquadIntegrity'
robotarmy/robolib/Squad.lua:384: in function 'squadStillExists'
robotarmy/robolib/SquadControl.lua:11: in function 'updateSquad'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:39: in function 'processSquadUpdatesForTick'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:362: in function 'tickForces'
robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:458: in function <robotarmy/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:455>

if the units wouldn't stop sometime, i wouldn't have any issue whith it or the need for unit control
(thats a lot of idle units that after a while must be taking a lot of UPS) the death world need "cleansing"

3 years ago

Hello,

you have Unit Control mod, the automatic behaviour generally doesn't run ( in v4.5 ) , you must rely totally on Unit Control command features.

If your units are operating automatically, and then you try to use Unit Control, that will break the Unitgroups which are used during squad AI.. It is strange that it is having both options.

Can you use the Robot Army squad selection tool and command the squads that way without it causing a crash?

I am very slowly working on v5.0 of the Robot Army mod, which you can get from github in the "unstable" branch and try that out.

that fully uses the Unit Control mod, but also takes control of units based on which assembler they came from, and you can put a settings module on each assembler rather than a global setting. try it out? https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio/archive/Unstable.zip

3 years ago

thank you for the quick answer, i will patiently wait the update
also my last paragraaph can be fully ignored, i was just impatient, unit DO end up moving again, solving my whole issue
great work, keep it up
--------\β–”\
---------)....)
--------/..../β–‚
β–‚β–‚β•±β”ˆ ▕▂▂▏
β–‰β”ˆ-β”ˆβ”ˆ ▕▂▂▂▏
β–‰β”ˆ-β”ˆβ”ˆβ–•β–‚β–‚β–‚β–
▔▔╲▕▂▂▏

New response