Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Sub-Modding Question

3 years ago

Hello kyranzor!!

I was doing a reskin of your mod with b1 battle droid sprites from Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

I'm struggling with getting corpses for dead droids to appear and was just curious if you think it's even possible.

Just in case: I will not post the reskin unless you're okay with it

erecinto

3 years ago

I've been trying to take what's in the corpse.lua file (animation with proper sizing and b1 sprite) and throw it into the destroy_action {} event with no luck.

3 years ago

hello,

in the unit prototypes, set the value corpse = "robot-corpse",
then change the sprite for robot-corpse in corpses.lua in the "filename" field, and set the correct width, height, frame count etc.

3 years ago

you may post your own mod with the re-skin but what you could do is actually just keep your own mod small and make it 'require' robot army mod, and your mod can do a 'updates-final' and grab the robot army prototype tables and inject your own filenames and paths and allocate the corpses and animation tables yourself as like an override. This means you don't need to reproduce the entire mod itself, and if any updates happen it is less likely to require you to do make all the changes/fixes that I have to make anyway.

3 years ago

Thank you so much kyranzor!! Sorry for the late reply, that's exactly what I needed. Of course, sub-mod it is!

New response