Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Unit Control Improvements

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

When Robot Army and Unit Control are both installed, the latter prevents robots from forming squads or heading out independently. Would it be possible to enable/disable automatic squad creation per individual deploy-er, and have a manual unit creation tool? Then each squad can be given an objective such as Hunt/Scout/Patrol etc. The Unit Control mod's 'Scout' feature is fantastic, but it does not allow for scouting with squads, only individual units which are easily destroyed. In general manual and automatic behavior (robots often stop doing anything, such as returning to their deploy-er or even sending a notification, when there are no target-able nests in range) leaves much to be desired. Ideally I would like to see Unit Control's manual controlling features built-into and tailored to Robot Army, or something very similar. The default control tool is terrible. Unit Control isn't perfect either--Attack-Move does not behave properly. Units do not continue to move after defeating hostiles. I'm looking forward to what 5.0 has to offer :)

New response