Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Bots stop functioning after a brief skirmish

4 years ago

Hello, I've been deploying squads of 100 units. When they reach this threshold they target a biter nest and move towards it. When they reach the nest, they engage with the biters, spitters, worms and spawners for 20-30 seconds then they stop dead and just sit idle.

It looks like this
https://imgur.com/a/e1OKMQ6

Sometimes, a couple of the bots "revive" and start shooting again but that's not very reliable and they don't all attack.
Do you need a modlist? or anything at all? Can I log this somehow? Game version is 0.18.12

4 years ago

Hello, can you please log a bug/issue with an upload of your save game file (which I can use to sync mods and test) to the github page found here:
https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio

I have seen this before, I hope my new v5.0 version i'm working on will fix a lot of these issues, and simplify things a bit while giving you more control in the end.

4 years ago

Great I'll upload asap. Thanks!

4 years ago

thanks!

3 years ago

Hi kyranzor,

I'm also running into similar issue with the Robot Army. I've tried to deploy them using the Droid Assembler and manually placing them on the ground. But they keep going inactive. Though, sometimes when I go near them or after some time, they resume.
I tried looking at your code and making some changes, but issue still persists probably cause the code is too complex for me.

Anyways, I was wondering if your stilling working on fixing it or if its been fixed already.

Thanks,

3 years ago

it's more of an issue on the later versions of 0.18.x and probably relates to some unit-group shenanigans in the background. A lot of unitgroup invalid errors popping up lately too, which weren't so common for a while.

The v0.5 for Robot Army does away with a lot of the unit-group stuff, and just does 'groups of units' instead (custom handling of squads instead of relying on unit-group API from factorio devs) so we don't have this issue anymore.

New response