Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Bots not attacking?

4 years ago

Hi,

i am playing the "Nauvis Post Collapse"Map and i enabled your Robot Army Mod. I was building multiple remote outposts, send trains to unload bots into assemblers to attack the nests around city.
This has worked flawlessly for quite some time but now the bots are just chilling next to the assembler which is stopped at "stuck output" or something.
If i collect the bots new ones are deployed but those are just chilling too. A big nest is right next to one of the outposts, current bot search range os 10k. (why can't i make this bigger?)

if i deploy them manually next to a nest they start attacking.
According to the combinator i have around 2K bots active but no attacks are happening and i have no idea where those could be?

Is there any way to remove/collect all bots from the map? I suspect they may be stuck somewhere.

Do you need a log file or the save file? It is LARGE...

4 years ago

more than 10k the search range costs too much for the pathfinder and enemy-finder program.

It's fairly arbitrary, but i'd rather make you move the deployment bases forward to the enemy nests than have your game drop from 60 FPS to 30 FPS and have everyone complain.

The search radius should be from the assembler, not the centre of the squads. Maybe there's a glitch in the assembler centerpoint? IF you can, go into the mod folders, unzip the Robot Army mod into its folder, and delete the .zip file. Navigate into the mod folder, then in to the config folder. Open up the config.lua file, and find the "GLOBAL_TARGETING_TYPE" to = 1.

Then start up your save game and see if they start working properly again. Thanks!

New response