Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Some Improvements

4 years ago

So I was trying to make a Robot Wars concept, where each round waves get mixed as they get stronger over time, however, there was some issues with the bots and circuit , maybe look into it at some point.

• The Droid setting module should also receive input signals, to allow a dynamic adjustment of stuff, mostly squad size, as I can't seem to change how many each Round, so its only stuck on 20 squad size, I would like to see a flexibility when it comes to size (Say network, for every 10 minute in a decider, squad size goes up by 1)
  • (None controllable) when squads move out for the attack, structures which are in front of them (even driving by) are ignored, which, they should attack and destroy to be honest, they are subjected to both "Search and Destroy both Aliens and Players alike right?, but I'm guessing its somewhat tied to pollution as well, since they only seem to attack structures which are surrounded by pollution
  • Having different Team Groups under many squads, there units appear green on the satellite map, and its hard to distinguish who's units are who's and who is fighting who
4 years ago

Hello,

I am actually working on totally re-vamping the squad/unit deployment system and circuit control, to allow more flexibility and it would support what you are talking about better

the targetting behaviour of the droids should be normally "Distract by anything" which should include seeing and stopping and destroying non-military buildings from enemy forces, but the biter AI doesn't appear very good at it, and the bots use biter AI. It has nothing to do with pollution, in this case, just the distraction type and the type of buildings nearby (in the hidden game code, I can't control this part)

the colour on the map is based on the unit's prototype and is fixed, and is the same for all bots in the game regardless of team. It's not a run-time adjustable value, as far as I can tell. I'll ask a dev on discord about this.

4 years ago

ahh, sounds good, might help my Bot Wave maps better...
also, would you be adding the same methods for collisions for bots, much like how biters no longer collide with each other

4 years ago

"would you be adding the same methods for collisions for bots"
I think I will, yes. The current bots have a real tough time due to collision and they dance around and aren't efficient at going anywhere very quickly.

4 years ago

Also, I found that there is a "friendly map colour" and "enemy map colour" field I can use, which will probably fix the issue you were having with all the bots being green regardless of team/force/allied status

4 years ago

Nice, that's something I like to hear/Know

also, out of curiosity, would another bot be added into the fray such as Riot Bots, which uses Shotguns :3

4 years ago

Yes, new changes to the mod API allow for shotgun projectiles which don't hurt your own team :) I will be adding them in future versions

New response