Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Hive Mind + Unit Control compatibility error

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Greetings! Today me and my friend decided to try play a modded world, and as a fan of this mod, i recommended we bring this too. But as of currently, my friend managed to track the error down and it seems there is a compatibility issue when Hive Mind and Robot Army is both enabled, along with the Unit Control mod, which will cause a map launch error and throw you back to the main menu. This is weird considering i tested it prior to us playing it (a few version before that) and it worked fine.

The error is the following:
Error while running event robotarmy::on_tick (ID 0)
_robotarmy /robolib/eventhandlers.lua:29: atempt to index local 'forceTickTable' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
robotarmy /robolib/eventhandlers.lua:29: in function 'processSquadUpdatesForTick'
robotarmy /robolib/eventhandlers.lua:353: in function 'tickForces'
robotarmy /robolib/eventhandlers.lua:448 in function 'handleTick'
robotarmy /robolib/onload.lue:11: in function
<
robotarmy _/robolib/onload.lue:6>

Edit: looks like my text kind of broke itself... i'm not sure how to format on this website, sorry about that.

4 years ago

can you confirm for me that you don't also have Biter Factions mod on? Its my own mod, but it breaks Robot Army lol. If it's a crash caused from the Hive Mind mod, its possible that it's because the mod creates a new force and my mod doesn't like that. I fixed the same error on my internal testing of Robot Army for dealing with Biter Factions, which means it will also fix THIS error you are having.

4 years ago

No i do not, from what friend found out, this happens ONLY if Hive Mind and Unit Control is involved, if either is disabled, it works fine (but of course Hive Mind can't work without Unit Control)

4 years ago

Late reply to this, but i can confirm that this issue is caused by forces being added on map startup by other mods, not just Hive Mind. What is interesting, if you add the mod after the forces have been added to the map, it seems to work just fine.

4 years ago

interesting corner case you've found! i'll try to reproduce it and make sure my in-development version has properly solved it too

4 years ago

interesting corner case you've found! i'll try to reproduce it and make sure my in-development version has properly solved it too

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Much appreciated!

Another small note: normally adding forces after the mod has run also works fine, so adding new forces while the mod runs doesn't seem to cause errors, at least not when made manually.

4 years ago

Bugger, that's how I was going to try and reproduce it! It's okay, I'll try using hivemind and robot army at the same time on a new map and that should trigger it

4 years ago

Greetings!

I just wanted to ask if by chance you managed to find a fix for this issue?
Just a bit worried since you didn't post an update if you managed to resolve it or not (either here or in an update).

Thanks in advance!

4 years ago

Hi LDani2001, I have started a new game with Hive Mind and Robot Army installed and did not have an error. I had robot army, hive mind, biter factions, unit control active.

I then started a new game without Biter Factions turned on but the rest on. no error.

I then started a game with Robot Army off, with Hive Mind on, then saved and loaded Robot Army and loaded the save game. no errors.

So my tests conclude that in terms of force handling and error generation, my development build of Robot Army has resolved the error!

hurray!

4 years ago

Awesome! Huge thanks!

4 years ago

I should warn that I don't know yet if the FUNCTIONALITY of anything related to these mods interacting is affected. That needs longer testing period

New response