Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Editing bots

5 years ago

That's weird. I have edited your bots to beef them up, but at some points my edits have ceased to be impacted in the game, even if I gather all bots then deploy them again. Barring me being too stupid to update the archive (no, I doing that!) do you see anything that would prevent my live update to be taken into accounts?

5 years ago

are you editing while the game is open? You have to restart the game for changes to happen. contact me on Discord if you have it, kyranzor #6000

5 years ago

I don't have discord (I can, I know... I should!)
For example if I edit the collision box to
collision_box = {{-0.4droidscale, -0.4droidscale}, {0.4droidscale, 0.4droidscale}},

for all 5 droids. Then put back entity.lua at the right place in the archive, then restart the game. Then use my saved game and 'instanciate' on map my remaining crappy rifle bots, they still keep the 0.8 colli box. Is it because it is stored in game, even if they were in my inventory and not on map? That is utterly weird!

BTW I think your colli box should be smaller, by achieving greater density, the bots can be made more efficients.

5 years ago

unzip the folder into your mods folder. delete the zip archive. now that it's in a folder, you can better edit the files and be sure they are changing properly. re-load the game. it should be working.

5 years ago

ah! I kept the unzipped folder alongside the archive, thinking Factorio only read the archive. So this explains my issues, there was a conflict...

5 years ago

Yes Factorio only reads zip if both a zip and folder are in mod folder together

5 years ago

Yes Factorio only reads zip if both a zip and folder are in mod folder together

I thought it was the other way around, considering I test with both a zip and a folder and my folder mod takes precedence? Hmm, though that might be because I have the version bumped but pretty sure it's not always...

5 years ago

Yeah it's a big difference around, just have one in there, preferably a folder,and make sure that's the only one Factorio can see

New response