Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Droid pickup tool voids droids on full inventory

5 years ago

Using the droid pickup tool when your inventory is full (or otherwise doesn't have enough slots to hold all the droids) will just make the remaining droids vanish into nothingness as far as I can tell. Nothing left on ground, etc... ^.^;

5 years ago

I will check my code and make a fix for it, it "should" drop the item on the ground if there's no room. Let's see if I actually did that hehe

5 years ago

It current does a "player.insert{name= unit.name, count=1}" which I guess will fail if the inventory is full, so i'll try and see if i can catch the failure and cause it to at least "spill" onto the ground of the player holding the tool, or would you prefer it just NOT picks up the droid?

5 years ago

I just made it not pick them up, and it will print a message to the player indicating their inventory is full.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)
5 years ago

I just made it not pick them up, and it will print a message to the player indicating their inventory is full.

Perfect, thanks much!

I'm going to see if they are up for trying the non-mod-portal version of robotarmy tomorrow (I'll build the unstable branch) to test a few various things.

5 years ago

I have done enough testing to feel mostly comfortable with releasing now, fixes the balance issues with biter acid fire too, please update your mod to the new version available here on the mod portal. Tell me how it goes!

5 years ago

Ooo, definitely will do upon next server restart!

5 years ago

Oh man! The new version apparently causes desync, don't update yet.

5 years ago

Ooo, good catch, was just about to update. ^.^'

New response