Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Rifle Bots usefulness

5 years ago

I don't know if I had too strong hopes in RifleBots, or this is because my settings are Death World, but I find them totally useless. Even after having boosted their HP by 100% and damage by 50%

What I fear is that the 'worm is in the fruit', i.e whatever I change, or even with late games bots, the problem remain...

And the problem is that the bot AI (spitter AI?) is totally stupid. They just don't press any attack, so only move sloooowly and progressively toward the enemy nest. And said nest is spawning like hell bitters and spitters, so basically, the bots die without making any progress.

On my latest experiment, 100 bots (buffed as per above) did not even manage to eradicate a nest with 6 spawners.

I'm disappointed, sorry. It"s not against you Kyranzor, you do with the AI you can have access too, but I would have thought that with enough number, even lowly Rifle Bots would overwhelm a small nest. I don't know if that's a combination of low speed, low damages, AI derpiness, but they are totally useless for me right now.

5 years ago

The rifle bots are very cheap, and only for the early game. Build the battle droids asap, and with bullet damage upgrades they scale much better into the mid and late game

5 years ago

They have low fire rate and Derpy AI as you said so they are really only for very early game cleaning and meat shields for the player to secure your area.. then when you get electric circuits and some steel you should be making battle droids for the most part.

Later, rocket droids and even flame bots can help against the big biters/spitters but you should still be using battle droids to help with the smaller swarms of biters

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

A swarm of a mix of a 100 battle droids and flamebots get eaten up in seconds on my death world, they've definitely become useless at ~30% evolution. ^.^;

Perhaps more research to double, triple, etc... their health/damage would be useful, at least on deathworlds? :-)
Literally, it's set to 100, many bullet damage upgrades (all I have access to with red/green/brown sciences), the entire swarm arrives at the biters and the second they get close enough a few hundred biters surround them and eat them from the outside in, in <10 seconds, it is quite a sight... ^.^;

5 years ago

Overmind, It's because of the acid damage. I mentioned that in another thread - my next update disables the biter acid damage "per tick" which was totally obliterating even terminators very quickly.

On a death world you will need more ammo upgrades and more droids but it is difficult to balance for a deathworld because .. well.. not everyone wants to die!

5 years ago

Heh, we've had about 40 total deaths on the server so far, I think I'm the only one that hasn't but I stay building in the walls that they build instead of expanding as they do. ^.^;

Looking to that update then!

5 years ago

I wonder if the default for your bots should not be 'death world compliant', because who needs boots outside of a death world? :-)

5 years ago

lol. A lot of people like the bots on non-deathworld maps because they can keep the regions clean and safe and stop biter expansion close to the factory. They act as a meat shield and buffer wall between wall defences and the biters at the higher evo %. The automated nature of them is nice for players who'd rather just work on base building and not go out personally to fight the biters. Using map view and selection tool, you can command squads by radar without being there.

5 years ago

lol. A lot of people like the bots on non-deathworld maps because they can keep the regions clean and safe and stop biter expansion close to the factory.

That's what I'd imagine the main use being. ^.^

They act as a meat shield and buffer wall between wall defences and the biters at the higher evo %.

Although at 30% evo here they... don't survive. ^.^;

The automated nature of them is nice for players who'd rather just work on base building and not go out personally to fight the biters.

That's me, I like pretending biters are a constant threat on my walls so I build a good defense instead of offense.

Using map view and selection tool, you can command squads by radar without being there.

And this is the other players on my server, they like to command and go out with the droids. ^.^

New response