Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Question about Coordinates and "Failed to attack"

5 years ago

Okay so the first question is the coordinate system. I read in another post that the hunt radius is calculated from the nearest assembler, or if one is not available then the hunting group is used as the point of origin (I think).

Are the coordinates that get displayed determined from the assembler's position or where the player first spawned? The whole time I thought "(-2334, -612)" is 2334 steps west and 612 south of the starting position. Instead I must stand at the assembler and walk walk 2334 steps west and 612 south?

The other part. Failed to attack is not the words that are displayed in the game but at this time I forgot what the exact message is. Wondering if the robot armies cycle through biter bases if the attacks are not possible. Current map I am on is a peninsula of sorts where water is on both sides of me. There are some biter bases on smaller islands just off the coast, as such they are in range of the robot army.

Does the army try to attack the biter base, finds out they cannot, and just tries again?

Trying to see if that is the only base in range or if the robot army just will not move on to another target. The questions are sort of related as I try to use the coordinates displayed to find the biter islands and kill them so I will stop getting the messages across my screen.

TLDR:

Are the coordinates that get displayed determined from the assembler's position or where the player first spawned?

Does the army try to attack the biter base, finds out they cannot, and just tries again? Or do they rotate to another target.

5 years ago

the coordinates printed should be world coordinates, not relative to droid assemblers.

current code, to keep things simple and use less CPU, will just attempt to find and attack closest base. If no more bases crop up (from expansion into empty areas) then the same squad will attempt to attack the same biter base without success, forever.

If you are having trouble with it, maybe get the Droid Settings Module and change hunt radius down until it stops triggering and it will at least stop annoying you for a while. Or pick up the squad for now, deal with it later.

I will be making updates to the mod to make it so the flying robot units will be able to properly path-find over water and obstacles, and they will NEVER have this issue ever again. Land units still will, but at least you'll be able to deploy some flying units to go over and kill the enemy base which is being a pain.

5 years ago

Thanks for the info! The air guys would be super helpful. I started spamming radars all over the water front and I found a couple of islands with a single spawner on them.

This particular map is turning into an archipelago!

New response