Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Colonists

5 years ago

Hi There,

I saw a post on reddit from you on colonists in factorio. And I am starting with a Mod called colonists and one of the things I would like to give them jobs as soldiers. And instead of trying to redo everything you did I would like to build the soldiers into Robot Army if allowed.

I starting small. So only have houses at the moment. And for the Soldiers I was thinking first of creating a Barracks that can create soldiers with guns. Probably less strong then he droids, but they could be quite cheap to begin with.

I'll start with cloning the github sources and see where it gets me. I am .... at graphics so could use a lot of help there.

Please also have a look here: https://trello.com/b/qmyda8x9/colonists

5 years ago

I have made a small separate mod for an RTS mod technical demo, In there I have 'houses' and colonists, and a way to recruit them and make human soldiers (player model with the modular power armour and gun artwork from the vanilla game).

add or message me on Discord kyranzor#6000 if you want the files to look at

5 years ago

Yes, please. I am trying to message to you on Discord as Jonkeda.

5 years ago

I have accepted your friend request, but in travelling from India to Malaysia and then to Australia so I'm rather busy and haven't had the time to sit down and message you all the juicy details and the files.

5 years ago

I hope you enjoy your trip. No worries. I need to feed the colonists first as soldiers don't march on an empty stomach.

5 years ago

In my mod I have a "food" item you have to insert to their houses to make them spawn.. I will be adding a food upkeep as well so you have to keep inserting food to keep them alive

5 years ago

In my mod I have a "food" item you have to insert to their houses to make them spawn.. I will be adding a food upkeep as well so you have to keep inserting food to keep them alive

5 years ago

For food I am using the FoodIndustry mod. That has a lot of different types of food and adds a lot of fun. The newer version includes fishing, cattle, fruit and vegetables. And oceanel51 is also adding drinks.
I would like to take the strenghts from different Mods and see if they can be made to work together.
I just started something and am following Maslovs pyramid for the colonists to guide me in the gamedesign. So first heat, shelter and food. And then the next steps.
Can I invite you to the trello bord? https://trello.com/b/qmyda8x9/colonists.
I really want to work together with some people on this. I simply can't do it on my own and together we can make it much more fun.

New response