Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Mod Incompatibility - Alien Biomes

5 years ago

Not really sure how much of a bug this is or where the problem is but the odd behavior might be useful for future reference.

One of my mods is adding new rocks and trees as intended. However, half of my squad of 100 drones never made it to the alien base... Because they stopped to shoot every other rock and tree in sight.

5 years ago

haha, yes they do get distracted easily like that. I can't do anything about that, at least in v0.16 of Factorio, as the biter behaviour does that and I can't change it. the droids/drones are just reskinned and modded biters in the code.

I will see if 0.17 brings new behaviours or ways i can make them not waste time shooting rocks/trees which get in the way of pathfinding.

5 years ago

Because I built my base into a forest to mitigate some polution I first thought to myself "oh that's really intelligent, they're removing the trees that are in the way." Then of course they demonstrated their vendetta against innocent rocks!

Still a great mod though, They act as a nice cheap front line for my AAI machines of infinite death loaded with Bob's vehicle enhancements. Can't wait to see what you do with your next mod. What's it going to be called btw just so I know what to download when it's released.

5 years ago

I don't know yet honestly.. It's going to be some kind of RTS mod. I might just keep it generically named, like "Factorio RTS" I dunno.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

[deleted copy of the above post]

New response