Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

i more robots?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

is their going to be any more robots for this mod in the near future?
love this mod very much and id like to be able to create more kinds of robots with factorissimo 2!

if their had to be more bots i would suggest making...
sniper bot
gatling bot
grenade launcher (Mortar) bot
acid spitter bot
tank cannon bot
howitzer bot

maybe large bots with combinations!
cannon+gatling bot
Heavy Laser+Rocket bot
Acid or Flamethrower + Grenade Bot (a deadly riot bot)

and last a very large bot to fight any large bugs or go solo to wipe out nests

(needs HELLA RESEARCH and HELLA RESOURCES a true end game fighting machine)

Laser or Gatling +Rocket or Cannon + Acid or Flamethrower

5 years ago

hi alien poptart!

There are plenty of plans for future bots, just no time/motivation to actually make them. I have some sprites waiting for an "engineer"/repair droid but I haven't actually put it ingame yet.

Your ideas are appreciated, I think some of them are very worth doing, and i've definitely wanted to make some crazy mech robots which can solo some large nests for the end-game. Obviously the more expensive robots means (hopefully) less of them, and people can have more performance due to less pathing and less number of squads.

There might be issues with having multiple attack types on the same robot, the programming only allows 1 main attack type. for single, special units I can make "script attacks" which are basically programmable attacks, like throwing a grenade every X seconds at the nearest enemy etc. can be handled from scripts.

5 years ago

thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions!!

so sorry you are having a bad blockage for motivation and time... this is a great mod and me and my friends are enjoying it and using it to the fullest!

i hope you are able to get to these ideas in the near future... and im sorry to see that multiple attacks are not possible...

would have been neat to have a huge multi role robot taking out nests on it's own.... what a shame xD maybe it will be possible in the future!

New response