Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Radius calculation

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Love your mod, I have a lot of fun with it. Just gert some wired things, like a squad not attacking a nearby bitter camp and remaining in standby waiting for target.

Just a question, I didn't find the answer : how is the radius calculated ? I mean where is the center of the circle giving the radius ? Is it the setting module or the assembler spawn points ?

5 years ago

Hi Astree,

The radius is calculated from the nearest assembler to the squad, or if no enemies near the assemblers in a 500 tile radius are present, then from the squad center using the hunt radius setting. This is the new 'hybrid targeting' method - but the method can be changed to just from the squad centre with the radius set in settings module if you look in the cfg folder of the mod, and the config.lua file. There is a "target method" there.

What kind of behaviour do you want, or expect? I'd love feedback

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Tks for the quick answer :-)
I was wondering why sometimes the squad seems to be a bit blind, not finding a target 2 or 3 tiles away from it :-P
But with enough time, another squad will find it and finish clearing everything. I'm now on a bigger map, with 5 assemblers provided by a scheduled train, with radius at 5000, at 99% biter evolution, and they do a great job.
Everything seems to work fine. I love just looking at them clearing a big nest.
A good improvement (I don't know if it would be easy to do) could be to be able on the map view to select a circle (or a square if easier) and tell the squads from an assembler to hunt in this surface, something like "assembler number 3, clear me this area !". The size of the hunt area could increased through a research.

5 years ago

I think something simple like a map marker with a specific icon and the text is a code like "A,500" means "Attack, 500 tile radius from this marker" and assemblers within the hunt radius will direct squads to that area and do the command.. would that be useful?

5 years ago

Yes could be a good answer :-)

Got a repeated crash giving that : https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0qh4t9je2293zz/20180521232442_1.jpg?dl=0

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

did you have a unit group (a squad) selected for a long time, and it died, and now you try to de-select the squad or maybe select a new group but it doesn't exist? I might be able to test that easy enough and reproduce the bug

New response