Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g unable to attack move

6 years ago

With droid select tool, im unable to send squads to attack anything. tried removing other mods or other keyboard combinations that might conflict. obviously might have missed something there but is a rather annoying problem

6 years ago

Hey DeadlyGenga - what are you doing to get them to attack move? First step is hold the selection tool item in your hand/cursor, left click on/near the squad so it has green highlights on all the units, then hold left shift and left click on the spot you want them to attack-move to.

5 years ago

i am doing exactly that. I can select squads and un-select them just fine, but attack move doesn't seem to do anything.

5 years ago

are you doing it from map screen? normal screen with your character? are you trying long distance attacking or short distance (like moving to somewhere at the edge of the screen). are you trying to move them to an island with no path to it? It should work, so you gotta help me work out why it's not, by very carefully describing your situation, how you are doing things, what version of the mod is it, when did you add the mod - was it a new game or added to a save?

5 years ago

Both map and normal.
Both short and long. Tried clicking direct on bases, biters and the ground.
They definitely have a path to get to the location as they have gone on to hunt down some of the bases I have tried targeting.
V0.3.8 - i think had it installed since 0.3.6
and currently Factorio 16.39 but has been an issue for a few factorio versions now.
With new worlds, Existing worlds, with other mods, with no other mods.
To me it seems specifically the key binding is failing as everything else about the mod seems to function without issue, they will hunt and path find for bases, patrol just fine etc.
I have just removed all other keybindings with Shift-Left mouse and i could then only drag select with the tool, it ignored shift-press all together and acted like i wasn't pressing shift. When the rest of my keybindings are back to normal pressing shift does stop it from drag selecting but any selected unit does not stop its current operation nor do i get any sort of message like every other action seems to do.
sorry I know its hard to work out whats wrong based on vagaries especially when your not there to be able to look at the problem.
I have tried finding where you have set they keybind within the mod files but I can seem to find it.

5 years ago

the key binding is simply the 'alternate function' of the selection tool prototype. the selection tool is the same as the deconstruction planner and the blueprint selector. Their alternate modes (like selecting rocks or whatever) use the same key bindings as my selection tool. Have you changed that maybe? Basically in my mod there is a left-click function for the selection tool, and the alternate mode function. By default, alternate mode is shift+click.

5 years ago

holy crap, yep that was it. That makes a lot of sense actually, I did get a caught up on what the tool tip said. Sorry again, and Thanks.

5 years ago

Problem solving is my day job! Had to be something silly and simple like this, just had to pinpoint what it was ;)

New response