Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Balance

6 years ago

I find is droids really cheap and unfortunelly OP, because of infinite amunition. Automated production of Rocket droids wipe everything. Maybe to balance this instead adding ammo, rocket droid will be destroyed after 20? shots. Something similiar can be done to other robots. For example rifle droid will be destroyed after 500? shots. Self healing also is not good for droids, because between one to another base they regain all health. Also this mod drop my UPS a lot, but after few tweaks like decrease hunt distance and tick from 60 to 45.

6 years ago

what Biter evolution % are you at? I see you have found the damage and health scale factor in the config.lua, and you have set them to 0.75. You could change the damage to 0.5 or 0.6 to make it less as well.. When you have behemoth biters you will have problems with only rocket droids. Also if you get Bob's Mods "Enemies" mod, it will make it more difficult for your droids.

The ammo idea is too hard to do because every robot would need extra processing logic each time it shoots which can't really be done. It would be very hard to make it work with the lua modding. I did have the idea of ammo a long time ago, you see the 'max ammo' value in the config.lua but i never found a good way to do it in the code.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Before i add any mod i test it on sandbox mode, soo evolution was low ... but i also have bob enemies and rso instaled. Rocket droid can destroy everything even far away bases from spawn with big and huge worms. Maybe to balance droids will be good to add decaying (self destroy after X minutes) this force to make more droids to compensate loses on front and decaying, soo more resources will be needed.

Even on evolution 80-90 still rocket droids make a lot destruction compared to battle droids. One robot shot quite slow but in group like gatling gun whitch one shot everything.

New response