Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Squad Size after Train Collision

6 years ago

I've noticed that the squad size doesn't decrease after a train runs through the squad, despite the train causing multiple causalities. [A squad of ~119 terminators] Could there be a delay in displaying the squad size when using the droid squad command tool?

I suspect this may cause another bug I couldn't pin down where after adding multiple terminators to a squad manually, about 50 just.... disappeared. I think that "disappearance" may have been the mod's way of accounting for the destroyed terminators.

6 years ago

Heya,

That's interesting about the squad size not updating after being hit by a train, i'll have to try to reproduce that myself and work out what is happening.

The units disappearing is a known issue which happens rarely, and is unfortunately a behaviour of the Factorio game itself and the fact the 'robot soldiers' are just modified biters in terms of their code and behaviours. Biters are deleted by the game if they have trouble path-finding in order to save CPU %, but the game doesn't know/care if the biters are on the player's team.

It's really hard to reproduce the issue, but I have seen it and reported it before and I was told "it's a feature not a bug" and they will not fix or modify the behaviour. Sorry about that!

New response