Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Message-Spam, when setting SquadHunt Size

6 years ago

I've setup a SquadHunt-Size of 10, with a narrow radius (5000) cause I only want them to keep my base-area clean.

After a certain amount of time, it happens that there are more bots close to a droid assembler than there should be.

The mod now shows the message "Cannot spawn droid, too many droids or obstructions around droid assembler!" every 2 seconds...

Pretty annoying, you don't even now which assembler is causing this. Hence you have to walk around every spot and remove some (deployed) droids to resolve this.

6 years ago

can't it just "stop deploying" silently, or maybe display the message "once"?

6 years ago

Guess it's this guy here:

https://abload.de/img/2jjsjr.jpg

6 years ago

Hey dognose, I have updated some code on the Unstable branch of github that removes the message - the message wasn't necessary, it's better just being silent.

I will be releasing a new version of the mod ( 0.3.4 ) probably in a day or two, but you can get the files now which also include a few bug fixes and behavioural fixes for the droids.

6 years ago

also with the new files and fixes, the "i only want them to keep my base-area clean" is actually possible - before it was bugged so it didn't quite work properly. Now you will be able to set hunt radius small, like 10, and rely on the default 500 tiles radius from the nearest assembler (usually the one that spawns the squad initially). The 500 tiles is the "keep radius clear" parameter in the config.lua file if you ever wanted to change it to give a wider area to keep clear of biters, but 500 is pretty reasonable from my testing.

6 years ago

Hey there,

sorry for the late reply (only playing now and then) I've tried to install that update following the "manual mod installation" guide from factorio.

But it seems i'm too stupid for it. After All, the mod is not upgraded, but removed.

When will the upgrade be available through factorios "Update Mod"-Function?

cheers,
dognose

6 years ago

(I've downloaded robotarmyfactorio-master from github, moved it to the right directory, didnt work out. Then I ried to rename it to robotarmy_0.3.4, which didn't work. Then I extracted the content, renamed the inner folder, compressed again and copied it to the mod folder - still not working :( )

6 years ago

it's in the mod portal. download it through the normal updater

6 years ago

use the normal updater for factorio 0.16 only though, I do not have the updates compatible for 0.15

New response