Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g PROBLEMS

for some odd reason my riflebots just mill around, there are 6 and they are all very close but they don't do anything, I did mess with some settings but found I could not understand them in the circut network thing. Also I do have a misanthrope mod and my game is on peacful. Once they did work but even then they would not patrol they would just attack the nearest base HELP!

well I figured out that for some reason I needed like 20 for the robots to activate but the patrol posts still don't work

7 years ago

they will just attack the nearest base, patrolling is a special feature (which is hard to understand, and a bit buggy, just avoid it).

The guard stations and patrol posts are special. A squad originating from a guard station will look around nearby for a patrol post and follow the chain of patrol posts connected by green wires. You must set up the patrol chain FIRST before starting to spawn droids from the guard station at the end of the patrol post chain.

GREEN WIRES OHHHHH. well I was using copper wires, thanks for your fast response and help!

7 years ago

Please, read the wiki! it has it there!

well they aren't running away to fight but they are kind of just sitting there

they seem to be following the wires in a wierd way, their, like 20 paces away from the wire and are moving in jerky steps

waaaait, they are THEY ARE FOLLOWING MY POSTS IT WORKED THEY ARE PATROLING!!!!

well some of them are, and sometimes the robots just randomely stop and turn around. Any way to fix this? not meaning to bug you but I REALLY want this to work

well well well, it appears I have screwed something up...some of my power lines don't have green circuts, it kinda works know!

well it didn't fix the problem they just turn around randomely and never complete more than a 1/4 patrol

7 years ago

make sure you set up the patrol first. When the squad first spawns, it "generates" the patrol route. You cannot change it after that. You could even remove the patrol posts after they start patrolling, they just "remember" the waypoints.

It's very specific, the order that you have to do things. Just pick up the squad, stop spawning from the guard station, go and re-make all your patrol posts and connect with green wires. THEN try and spawn a squad from the guard station at one of of the patrol chain. You only need one guard station.

Okay, also I think it would be really cool if you added a kind of miner droid that would go out and mine resources and then bring them back and put them into a special chest. Sorry for being so annoying. I just really love your mod and the idea of automated patrol bots.

XD survival world...was building up robots...they weren't working so I messed with some settings and for some reason my hunt squad size was like 8000 or something so I reset that and immediatly my robots spring into action...so I have like 400 robots spreading across the map waging war with the aliens. At that point I was watching (on the map) my little blue dots (robots) massacre the red dots and squares. I suddenly had the urge to say "yeessss my minions spreeeaaaad wage ware with the aliens, and kill everything in your path" god I love your mod.

7 years ago

Well i'm glad you are enjoying it. and yes i will be adding mining robots sooner or later. and an "engineer" repair/medic bot.

New response