Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Alternative/expanded sprites?

7 years ago

First things first thank you to Kyranzor for re-igniting my interest in Factorio, finally I can automate the combat and artifact aspects giving a more long term goal beyond simply "launch more rockets".

One question:
The original videos for the mod showed humanoid droids, essentially autonomous copies of the player model, are these "infantry" droids likely to return as part of the mod, or is it possible to have the option to swap them in preference to the "Jonny-5" type droids we have since the latest update?

7 years ago

Hey Dinger,

yes back when I was first making the first leaps into the modding API as a proof of concept, all I had was player-models with tint colours added to tell the difference between each droid type. There is significant code changes to adjust to the new "Johnny 5" style sprites, so it will be difficult to revert those to the tinted droids from the v1.3/4 era of my mod.

I may introduce the humanoid troops back into the game with a different mod/s, related to hiring mercenary soldiers as bodyguards or hunters. Along with my "Civilisation"/Sim City mod aspects, with "civilians" and having to feed them. I wanted to make a mod to add colonists that need upkeep as a sort of end-game goal.

7 years ago

Good evening Kyranzor,

Thank you for the quick response, I figured it wouldn't be a simple fix to revert to the old models but glad they're under consideration for a future release. I'll keep an eye out.

New response