Research Queue: The Old New Thing

Allows players to queue research, filter research according to required science packs, and automatically queue prerequisites for desired tech. The current maintainer is Saeuissimus. Originally developed by Mr Doomah, with updates by Doomquill, Chrisgbk and thelordodin.

Utilities
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Crash with Krastorio Legacy and MSP - 30 new Science Packs

4 years ago

Good day

The game crashes with the Mod's Krastorio Legacy and MSP - 30 new Science Packs and a few more.

Error message:
The mod Research Queue: The Old New Thing caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event research-queue-the-old-new-thing::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Too deep recursion for localised string: 21 > 20 (limit). in property tree at ROOT.tooltip[2][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][4][1]
stack traceback:
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:179: in function 'draw_technologies'
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:252: in function 'draw_grid_player'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:54: in function 'toggle_gui_window'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:67: in function <research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:58>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:179: in function 'draw_technologies'
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:252: in function 'draw_grid_player'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:54: in function 'toggle_gui_window'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:67: in function <research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:58>

Please help me games still on 0.17.79.
Where can I set the limit? It cannot be found in the MOD Settings in the Game.

MfG Grendowod

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hm, interesting. I wondered whether using localised strings in this way could bring some trouble. I think this could be remedied by setting a limit. This would mean that some ingredients will be missed, but there won't be any crash at least. I might look into better solutions later.

Edit: Try it out now. I uploaded a fix for both v0.17 and v0.18.

4 years ago

Good day

Great job. It works.

Thank you very much

MfG Grendowod

New response