Research Queue: The Old New Thing

Allows players to queue research, filter research according to required science packs, and automatically queue prerequisites for desired tech. The current maintainer is Saeuissimus. Originally developed by Mr Doomah, with updates by Doomquill, Chrisgbk and thelordodin.

Utilities
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b Table width setting

4 years ago

The following happens at least with RU locale:
1) If Table width is default (10) and technologies are listed with labels, the technology selector contains 3 columns, but the 3rd column doesn't fit into the technology selector window.
2) If I reduce Table width to 2, pressing the RQ button results in a crash:

Error while running event research-queue-the-old-new-thing::on_gui_click (ID 1)
column_count can't be 0. in property tree at ROOT
stack traceback:
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:141: in function 'draw_technologies'
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:251: in function 'draw_grid_player'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:57: in function 'toggle_gui_window'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:70: in function <research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:61>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:141: in function 'draw_technologies'
...search-queue-the-old-new-thing__/functions/draw_grid.lua:251: in function 'draw_grid_player'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:57: in function 'toggle_gui_window'
research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:70: in function <research-queue-the-old-new-thing/control.lua:61

4 years ago

1) Interesting. I seem to recall not managing to define the width of the root window to adjust to its contents. That would be the solution needed. I'll see what I can do about this.

2) Ah, yes. This label mode is written in a very hacky way. To tell the truth, I wanted to do away with it but I'm not sure it's the best idea. At the time I looked at it, I just decided to postpone refactoring it. I might be taking a deeper look into it in the near future.

4 years ago

I've just thought, that case 1 might be related to UI scale 1,25. But I haven't tested that.

4 years ago

After playing a bit with issue 2, I realized it could be used as a denial of service attack in multiplayer games, so I released a patch just now to avoid the crash. The GUI itself won't show anything pretty but, as I said before, I'll leave that for a future redesign of the GUI.

New response