Research Queue: The Old New Thing

Allows players to queue research, filter research according to required science packs, and automatically queue prerequisites for desired tech. The current maintainer is Saeuissimus. Originally developed by Mr Doomah, with updates by Doomquill, Chrisgbk and thelordodin.

Utilities
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Thank you

4 years ago

I just don't have the time anymore to worry about this complicated mod, and you've done a great job with this update. Thanks for uploading it as a new name.

4 years ago

Hi! No problem :). I was starting to play a bit of modded factorio and found this mod to be one of the things I wanted to improve so I took the opportunity to learn Lua and the modding API too :P. I have bigger ambitions for the GUI but I'm currently taking a break after working through the current codebase of the mod lol.

Oh, I'm not sure if I put the correct license on this though. I just replicated the one I saw in the original post in the forum thread. But then I saw that the old mod indicated the MIT license instead. Any idea about that? I'm guessing it's not that important but I don't want to be shady about this.

4 years ago

@Doomquill - Why don't you give Saeuissimus maintainership of your original mod? The mod portal makes that pretty easy to accomplish. That's how Deadlock passed off maintainership of his stacking and crating mods.

4 years ago

And that would make it easier to keep the mod updated, without having to install/remove

4 years ago

Even if I get maintainership of the original mod, I'm not sure it helps. I was a bit agressive when modifying the codebase and now it is nontrivial to write an upgrade path from the old structures to the new ones. This is an issue for players that load the new mod in a game where they previously used the old mod. I thought a bit about possible solutions but I'm not sure they're worth the effort. Of course, tell me if you have a case for upgrading the old mod instead of using this one and we can take a look at it.

New response