Ratio Tree

This mod makes it possible to explore all the ratio´s in a easy way until you are completely statisfied.

Utilities
6 years ago

b Crash on Button Activation

6 years ago

I just installed the mod and clicked on the button to bring up the interface and it crashed. Message is as follows:

Error while running event ratiotree::on_gui_click (ID 1)
ratiotree/customTables.lua:92: bad argument#1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

6 years ago

This isn't a vanilla problem it seems, nor a migration problem. I tested them both. So could you provide a zip with with your mods? I know the error message so I only need your exact mods to reproduce the problem, get a proper log and fix it.

6 years ago

Same error here. I have a metric ton of mods, uploaded them here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bMXacSckZhMHlXdGdKdmxFdDQ

6 years ago

I uploaded my mods in a zip file to the link below. The mod-list.json is included as not all of my mods are enabled when playing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byroz2BAyLHoblhqRU5Qc1RWQU0

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

It had something to do with a "factory-port-maker" which is classified as a miner but can't be made by the player. Likewise the mod crashed when it tried to check whether the player has enabled the recipe to make it through research. I'm unsure which mod is responsible for it but i fixed it anyways with an if statement to add it anyway...

If the context should be different (it should never be added as a viable way to produce recipes) then please tell me.

Also if you know which mod it belongs to.

6 years ago

That "factorio-port-maker" sounds like something that Factorissimo2 adds. It's those buildings you can walk into and build on a separate surface. It uses a metric ton of hacks to connect the "overworld" with the surfaces inside those buildings.

Got another error now with same mods:
"Error while running event ratiotree::on_gui_click (ID 1)
ratiotree/control.lua:418: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

To get it I typed "use" in the product tree window and clicked search. Same error seems to appear when searching for other things as well but not with every search.

By the way, why can't I seem to see any of the metal plate recipes when searching for them? Do you hardcode a specific set of things that one can use your mod with or is there some other reason?

6 years ago

Thank you hoho that clears things up on how to approach that.

I fixed your error, but the information displayed at those points is now a bit lacking, or the thing itself is lacking. I will find a more permanent solution over the weekend.

It could be because metal plates don't exist in vanilla, it's iron plate ;) If an mod adds it I would need to test that with that mod (zipfile please). And I don't hardcode things, all calculation values and recipes are derived from your loaded game.

New response