Ratio Tree

This mod makes it possible to explore all the ratio´s in a easy way until you are completely statisfied.

Utilities
6 years ago

g A Couple Questions

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Kinda of a noob but there seems to be some things that don't quite add up about some of these options.

1) When you search by production per second, are the numbers its showing how many assemblers are needed to satisfy that? Also how do I tell for which assembler level its talking about? Because assemblers have different crafting speeds it would be different how many you need when searching by production per second right?

2) From looking up ratio's on the internet I'm not getting the same things as this tool. For example, I keep seeing on the internet that to produce 1 military pack a second you would need 5 assemblers (again, nobody seems to mention which level assembler but it's still different than what I get from this mod). Using the mod, I get 13.33 when searching for 1 production per second.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

1) It is the amount of assemblers needed to satisfy all the products of that recipe. This is because guessing which product you meant is even worse as well as guessing the recipe you wanted. The best (latest) assembler you can build will be used for calculations same for smelters. I added a tool-tip for that in the next version ;)

2) one recipe produces 2 sciencepacks and takes 10 game-seconds, so with a craftspeed of 1 (no such assembler exists in vanilla) you get 10/2/1 = 5. My mod doesn't do that, it takes your latest assembler (assembling 2 craftspeed of 0.75) and calculates the recipe per second so 10/1/0.75 = 13.33.

I think I'll do a quick-fix actually and forget about recipes with more than one unique product for now.

6 years ago

oh, so the mod doesn't take into account that it produces 2 military science packs when searching for production for second? That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the help I appreciate it. This is shaping up to be a great quality of life mod

6 years ago

It will from version 0.0.3
(for the people reading this way after)

New response