Quick Start

Start with one of three kits to jump start your Factorio experience. The kit can be selected in the mod config settings. Small: A few belts, burner mining drills and plates. Medium: Construction Robots, Personal Roboport, Assembling Machines, Electricity, Car Big: Lots of Belt, Poles, Assembling Machine 2's, Logistic Chest (Request/Provider), Roboports, Logistic + Construction Robots and other stuff. This kit also unlocks all technologies required by the logistics system.

Utilities
5 years ago
0.15 - 0.17

g A bit much

7 years ago

Great idea, but this skips far too much, don't you think? Basically takes you straight to the mid-game. Would be really great to have something like this which just gets you past the first hour or so of the game, PLUS giving a bare minimum personal robot setup.

7 years ago

One of the other quick starts stated a philosophy of jumping you right into the building the main bus (mid game). Maybe thats a similar goal here, skip all the mining?

7 years ago

To be fair, I based the numbers of this mod off of Arumba's Accelerated Start with some small changes. I liked it the way it was.

If you want, you can easily modify the numbers. Just extract the mod and open control.lua in notepad. You don't even need to repack it.

7 years ago

I'm starting to warm up to the idea, especially now that I'm testing mod balance. It's cool to be able to start up a new game and get right into it. Though if I was doing a proper playthrough, I'd probably not use this. It's great having the option.

7 years ago

With the 0.15 mod settings UI it might be possible to create several (hardcoded) 'starter packs' in the mod, from which you can select one in a drop down menu. Not 100% sure though.

7 years ago

You could also toggle/set the things. So I could configure I wanted the belts and the drills, but not the roboport for instance?

6 years ago

@Alxandr
Customizing everything via the ui is probably overkill, as I'd have to list every single item in the game with a numeric input. Thats a bit too much.

6 years ago

I've added 3 types of kits (small, medium, big).
Please let me know if you have any input.

6 years ago

Yes this is fantastic actually! I really like the three kits.
Only one suggestion. For the "Big" kit, please change it to the Power Armor Mk2 and add some exo-suit legs so you can run fast. Maybe 3 of them? This lets someone skip straight to that large scale automated base phase along with walking fast. Maybe add several stacks of concrete as well while you're at it.

6 years ago

A 4th kit would be nice (I'm modifying it myself to do this, but figured I'd mention it) that removes the research that is added. I like getting some stuff to start off with...but I prefer to think of it as something that I found in an abandoned factory or something...I'd still like to do the research from scratch to build more.

New response