Quarry

by Shylie

Mine ores without an ore patch. Probably compatible with any mod.

Content
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17
Mining

g Updated version

5 years ago

Hi, is there plans to update this for the new 0.17 version?

5 years ago

Bumping this request, please?!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I have ready fix/update, just need to contact FuzzCat927 is it ok to publish it.

5 years ago

Hi, can you update the mod please ? it would be great :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I have ready fix/update, just need to contact FuzzCat927 is it ok to publish it.
Here is my discord : Eldakov#6892 (if you can share me ofc)

5 years ago

I really would love the update... It's one of my favorite mods and it's so awesome to use it for mega bases!

5 years ago

Spluffy, submit it please. It's been a year since FuzzCat was last active

5 years ago

Spluffy, submit it please. It's been a year since FuzzCat was last active
I was replaying to smiglo7o7 (who has the update ready).
So sorry but i don't have a fix

5 years ago

For anyone who doesn't want to wait for the updated mod to be posted, here is how you can modify the existing mod to get it to work with 0.17.

• Download and open the quarry_1.6.11.zip file.

• Change Factorio version from 0.16 to 0.17 in line 8 of info.json
    original: "factorio_version": "0.16",
    new : "factorio_version": "0.17",

• Remove "resources.mineable.hardness" reference in line 115 of data-final-fixes.lua:
    original: local energy = energyRequired[resource.name] or settings.startup["quarry-recipe-speed"].value * resource.minable.hardness * resource.minable.mining_time
    new: local energy = energyRequired[resource.name] or settings.startup["quarry-recipe-speed"].value * resource.minable.mining_time

• Remove any line from prototypes/item.lua that contain the following:
    lines 7, 18, 29, 50: flags = {"goes-to-quickbar"},
    line 40: flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},

I haven't encountered any issues yet running the mod with these changes.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I followed what prometheus said and the mod works for me. Big thanks to you !

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I've not been active as I've got nobody to play factorio with, and no motivation to play solo. Pushing out an update now-- thanks Prometheus.

5 years ago

@FuzzyCat927 nope here is the error https://imgur.com/3d56xqG

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi,
I checked the update (quarry_1.6.12.zip <-- current mod version)

The problem is, that this line here is missing in the update:

Remove "resources.mineable.hardness" reference in line 115 of data-final-fixes.lua:
original: local energy = energyRequired[resource.name] or settings.startup["quarry-recipe-speed"].value * resource.minable.hardness * resource.minable.mining_time
new: local energy = energyRequired[resource.name] or settings.startup["quarry-recipe-speed"].value * resource.minable.mining_time

I extracted the zip, fixed the line, zipped it again. After that everything is working fine!

Hi there wpshadow,

Did it with the "quarry_1.6.12.zip". This is the error message:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "quarry-vtk-deepcore-mining-crack"(recipe): Difficulty normal: Key "result" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.quarry-vtk-deepcore-mining-crack

Not sure what went wrong.

Sorry wpshadow - my bad, Your mod fix works thanks :)

I have the deep core mining mod installed which conflicts with the quarry_1.6.12.zip mod - that's why the I've experienced this error.

Turned the mod off and activated this quarry mod. Works fine

Thank you very much :D

5 years ago

Now I got the same problem as stated above but I think it's in line 168 If I understand fix correctly. But no matter what I change there it still comes up with error.

123.446 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: quarry/data-final-fixes.lua:168: attempt to index field 'results' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
quarry/data-final-fixes.lua:168: in main chunk

Here is the log:
https://pastebin.com/Q2LgcAmP
please help me fix it as soon as you can :P

5 years ago

Can anyone send me a working copy of the mod?Thank you in advance.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

@naanodesuu

Can you post what you see in line 168 through 172 of data-final-fixes.lua?

5 years ago
5 years ago

Unfortunately, I cannot see that image.

5 years ago

I'm sorry, something went wrong with this screenshoot. Here, I uploaded it to another source.
https://imgur.com/wxKHkFx

Also here is a list of mods I'm using if that helps at all uploaded from mod list file because im too lazy to type all of them manually :P

https://pastebin.com/YVL64w44

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm afraid I don't have a suggested fix at this point.

From my limited understanding (and it is limited), something is messing with the value that is expected as part of "recipe.results[1].probability" on line 170 and I can't seem to pin down what it is. My first thought was maybe a corrupted mod setting, but it could also, I think, be any mod that messes with resources and their settings.

Sorry I don't have better news, but it might be worth turning off any mods other than Quarry that affect resources, and then enabling them one by one to try and narrow down which mod it could be that is conflicting. If you value Quarry that much, because you have quite a few mods enabled.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. My modding and programming noviceness is really showing.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

probably should have tested before updating, haha. hoping this fix works.
EDIT: works if you're only using quarry, unsure about the other errors that have been posted.

5 years ago

this mod is causing conflict with your mod

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DirtyMiningTemp

5 years ago

For some reason PyCoal processing is causing conflict with your mod. I have removed PyCoal and game works fine with quary. Can you please make PyCoal compatible with quary somehow? :)

5 years ago

Hi, sorry, I wasn't able to answer --> I was on a company trip for a few days. It seems that the mod fix works after the new update. My only problem is that I have to go to an other trip, so I'm unable to help with the fixing...

5 years ago

@naanodesuu could you take a screenshot of the error on load? that'd help, thanks.

New response