Quarry

by Shylie

Mine ores without an ore patch. Probably compatible with any mod.

Content
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17
Mining

g Possible fix for results (a nil value)

5 years ago

Preface: I have no idea what I'm doing with Factorio modding, but I am a programmer so I gave it a shot.

It appears that some mods add a recipe that doesn't have a result. I don't know what mods do this, or why they do it. The fix I found for preventing the "results (a nil value)" crash is to check if the recipe.results is empty after it's supposed to be populated.

Add this on line 72, immediately after the end of the block that starts on line 60:

if  not recipe.results then
    goto skipResource
end
5 years ago

Darn. Didn't seem to work for me. Maybe due to some other mods I have installed (I have a lot).

5 years ago

Similar situation to you (programmer, but no experience modding Factorio), but my fix was different. Initially I was able to fix the error you're describing by setting the stone percentage to 0% in the mod settings. That lead to other errors. I ended up fixing the issue by adding the following lines to the beginning of the resourceBlacklist near the beginning of data-final-fixes.lua:

["borax"] = true, -- pyanadon's borax
["phosphate-rock"] = true, -- pyanadon's phosphates
["niobium"] = true, -- pyanadon's niobium

5 years ago

Could I get a list of mods that you were playing with so that I can take a look at it? (djfariel, bobbun)

5 years ago

Using Quarry with:

Pyanodons Coal Processing
Pyanodons Fusion Energy
Pyanodons HighTech
Pyanodons Industry
PyCoal Touched By An Angel

suffices to replicate the first error I received, and may give all of them. I can't say this is a complete list, or that a smaller list wouldn't do the trick, as I'm not using these mods at the moment. Pyanodon's mods cause me to have to lower my texture resolution to get an acceptable load time and game performance, and since they were also giving me compatibility problems with other mods, I decided to drop them for now.

New response