Quarry

by Shylie

Mine ores without an ore patch. Probably compatible with any mod.

Content
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17
Mining

b Error on startup

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Got an error on startup on the 0.16 version. Link to error message:

https://imgur.com/a/SBoB1

6 years ago

I get a slightly different error message:

Failed to load mods: quarry/data-final-fixes.lua:68: attempt to index field 'results' (a nil value)

6 years ago

I get something else
mabi he needs to re look at his code

6 years ago

the specific error you get will be based on the other mods you have, post a link with what mods you are using that add ores, or better yet: try remove mods in groups (keep note of which mods you load each time starting up) to determine under which conditions the quarry mod can load, and under which conditions (which mods enabled concurrently) cause it to crash.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

(what i suggest is adding Quarry Mod with any/all mods that begin with N-Z, and then with A-M---only selecting mods which do not add any ores for the first two runs). Then if there are no errors, take note of which mods add ores or mineables to the game that have not been tested against quarry mod and test those individually) --and make sure to include any needed dependent mods regardless of name, of course).

This, i find, is the fastest way to isolate cross-mod conflicts that don't necessarily appear in vanilla, but will appear with specific combinations of mods. As a player and a programmer, i can say that doing even so little as this helps TREMENDOUSLY. By knowing what mods to look at, the author can more-quickly resolve the issue. The only reason i don't take this up personally is i know there are at least a dozen other mods out there that add mineables that i, personally, am not using.

6 years ago

bob's mods and clown's ore extension mod are both likely causes for the issue you all are having. Also angel mods if you use it (i don't) may be a candidate for cross-mod testing.

6 years ago

usafphoenix, as it isn't complaining about any other mod than itself means the mod itself has the wrong.

6 years ago

Can you post your list of active mods when this error occurs? Thanks.

New response