Quarry

by Shylie

Mine ores without an ore patch. Probably compatible with any mod.

Content
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17
Mining

g Update V 0.15

7 years ago

I want to use this mod for a playtrough were I only have patches in the begin. So I need then to build quarry if the ore patches are gone.

Do you plan to update it?

7 years ago

I plan to update it once the non-experimental 0.15 build comes out.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

You can use the latest version for factorio .15+. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to factorio modding but here's what I know.

Change the following things :

Under Factorio\mods\quarry_1.5.1\prototypes - open technology with something like notepad++, then change one of the lines in the last paragraph :

from
table.insert(data.raw["technology"]["alien-technology"].effects,

to
table.insert(data.raw["technology"]["advanced-material-processing-2"].effects,

Next, open alien-quarry in that same folder and remove/change the line :

{"alien-artifact", 30}

You could change it to a type of science pack for balance w/e

Finally open info.json in the top folder of mod and change the line :

from
"factorio_version": "0.14",

to
"factorio_version": "0.15",

I'm currently using the mod in the 0.15.5 version this way and the quarries are working. The names are weirded out but other than that the above method allows the mod to function in .15+.

BTW thank you to OP for making this very cool mod.

7 years ago

There is now an official update for 0.15.5+ thanks to Optera.

I have added him/her to the authors list in the information tab.

7 years ago

There is now an official update for 0.15.5+ thanks to Optera.

I have added him/her to the authors list in the information tab.

I thank you, now can I do a playtrough with only quarries and no patches of ore.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Thank Optera and FuzzCat927, but this mod looks incomplete and feels like a rather weird takeover. Did you see and approve this FuzzCat927?

• For one, the alien quarry is gone with no replacement.
    Easy fix : Change crafting_speed of each quarries in entity.lua
    Maybe add a MK4 tier Quarry? Was it too op? Maybe give a reason?

• Stone as a by-product is an OK idea I guess, I mean the already huge material-requirement balances off the free ore but I suppose that's subjective. At least we have the option to change it.
    I personally just deleted the whole segment out of the data-final-fixes.lua and deleted settings.lua, makes for a messy mod in my opinion and feels weird to put this in at this point of life of the mod.

• There is no option to change the liquid amount so the crude oil is limited at 10 while 0.15 made all liquid recipes require x10 the previous amounts. Previous version by FuzzCat927 had this option but now it's gone.

Easy fix : add the below stuff above the line "-- fix icon and name" in data-final-fixes.lua(borrowed from version 1.5.1) :

if (resource.category) and (resource.category == "basic-fluid" or resource.category == "water") then
-- oil & potentially fluids added by mods too
recipe.results = {{type="fluid", name=resource.name, amount=100}}
else
-- ores
recipe.result = resource.name
end

Much appreciated as always FuzzCat927, though I'm kind of weary about Optera's new balancing over yours with an apparent different ideology.

7 years ago

Not a takeover. I'm going to be updating the mod still. I'm working on an update right now, and the new default for that stone residue will be 0%.

I believe that the oil recipe produces 10x oil, not 1x oil. (everything, right?)

7 years ago

Currently it produces 10 units of oil, yes. I meant that it should be 10x that, so that it would give 100 units of oil.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

however with a crafting speed of 2.5 (without modules) in a quarry, that's 10 oil every 4 seconds, or 0.4 oil per second, per quarry.. yea that doesn't sound right.. lol

edit: oh well I can fix it later, just uploaded 1.6.2

edit edit: Currently fluids give the minable amount, so yes it yields 10 oil (which is what the pumpjack gives per pump)

edit edit edit: wat i did my math wrong. should be 2.5 oil per second per quarry.. :p

7 years ago

Ah so the minimum mining amount for crude-oil was intended then. That's understandable, but an option to change the crude-oil amount output would still be great. I'll still use that bit of code from 1.5.1 to be able to change the crude-oil for now.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Yes. I personally don't remember adding a way to change the crude oil amount.. so I've been confused this whole time. lol

EDIT: just checked the 0.15 code. Here's my question

Do you want a setting to multiply recipe speed for individual recipes

or

Change output amount of individual recipes

7 years ago

I'm only speaking for myself of course, and I would prefer being able to changing output of individual recipes.

7 years ago

That'd be pretty hard since each recipe is generated in the data-final-fixes, so I'd most likely be only able top support modifications for the vanilla recipes

New response