Quality of Life research - Krastorio 2 (By: JATMN)

by jatmn

The mod adds a bunch of Quality of Life researches/bonuses to the game. You can configure it to cherry pick which ones you want. NOTE: This mod configuration has been adjusted for Krastorio 2 research cards. Original Mod By: Aidiakapi

Utilities
2 years ago

b [Fixed] Crash with Krastorio 2 Version 1.2.18

2 years ago

Unfortunately this mod crashes with the newest version of Krastorio 2, version 1.2.18. The crash is when loading a map with the error message;

A script already exists with the name: qol-sync
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add_command'
qol_research_jatmn/control.lua:263: in main chunk

Any chance this might get fixed? I really love both Krastorio and Quality of Life research so this compatibility patch is fantastic.

2 years ago

Its neat to hear people using this mod.. To be honest it was initially done for a friend and myself to play with.. didn't even notice it had gotten so many downloads!

For your error.. looks like there was a 1.2.19 update for K2.. maybe it will fix your issue?
I looked at the source for both 1.2.18 and 1.2.19 and wasn't seeing anything that would directly cause conflict..

I did notice I never added an incompatibility flag for this mod, as I mentioned didn't realize people would actually use it...
however.. Make sure you are not running both my mod and the original QOL mod by Aidiakapi that could lead to conflict you are seeing.
This mod replaces that mod and they should not be used together.

If you are still having issues than its possibly a conflict with one of the other mods you have loaded?

2 years ago

You're absolutely right, I had both the original QoL mod and yours active. Not sure how I mixed that up as I had it correct in another playthrough. Adding an incompatibility flag would be handy just to keep others from making the same airhead mistake.

I actually had the same idea to try making this mod when I got towards the end of a playthrough with my brother and realized it was impossible to keep researching QoL because of the separate labs. But then I found your mod so I can put off learning how to mod until the next tragic incompatibility comes up ;)

New response