Proximity Voice Chat

by alifeee

!! MUMBLE REQUIRED WITH PLUGIN !! Enables proximity chat in multiplayer games, via Mumble voice chat. You must separately install the Mumble plugin.

Utilities
5 months ago

b problems getting it to work

8 months ago

I checked this mod with a friend, it doesn’t work completely, they did everything according to the instructions in answer 0, we’ve already tried everything, I checked only the mod itself (including other mods) (a friend did the same thing) and already restarted the program itself and the mod (and plugin) as well We went to the servers of the Mumble program, in general it’s bullshit, don’t waste your time on this.

8 months ago

Hello. Firstly, I made this mod for fun, for free, using my own time. I find your words quite mean and hurtful.

It is a shame you could not get it to work. I am more than happy to help you set it up.

If you would like my help, please set up an issue on the GitHub: https://github.com/alifeee/Factorio-Proximity-Voice-Chat/issues/new/choose

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

We just thought that the mod would work, we spent 2 hours of time on it (but in any case, I apologize for the fact that my words were rude and offensive) we just lost 2 hours of time and in the end it didn’t work (but in any case I’m grateful to you for such an idea and I hope that in the future it will definitely work) it would be very cool.)

So I wish you good luck and that perhaps one day such a plugin will still work) and for everyone it will be possible to communicate in the factor via voice and not via chat.

8 months ago

Hi :)

The mod does work. If you would like to try it out again, please carefully follow the guide, and let me know what goes wrong.

The instructions are slightly different from when you tried it the first time - step 4 is new, about the Audio Output > PA settings.

8 months ago

Good morning
will it really work?
Is it possible to check somewhere else just in case?
and the question is, if this server is local, will it still work correctly?

8 months ago

Yes, it works. Multiple people have tested it.

Is it possible to check somewhere else just in case?

I do not understand the question.

if this server is local, will it still work correctly?

If you mean the Factorio server, it should still work, yes. If you want to verify that the Mumble plugin is working, you can download Mumble v1.5 and open the Positional Audio Viewer, where you should see your location information while Factorio is open. See guide

Do you have Mumble working (able to speak/hear one another) without the mod?

8 months ago

Good night)
I mean the network part. I'm just Ukrainian. (Although I communicate in Russian.) For me it’s like a local server. (ie.) this is the server enabled in the game. and searched using server lists.
(Well, I consider it local.) Because, roughly speaking, it is. It works through the launch of my computer and not from the hosting.) I
That's why I re-registered. will it work like that)?
and Yes, I am writing through Google Translator for convenience. So what are the grammatical errors? I am sorry.)

8 months ago

We tested it with a person. 1 from the set connected. Mumble itself. It was not possible to check the voices further. And for the fact that that server (the server program itself). It was not possible to enter the head chat (there were not enough rights). But I think it definitely worked.

8 months ago

That is no worries. I am glad you were able to find this mod.

From what I understand you mean (launching the multiplayer game from your computer), then yes, it should work this way.

If you would like help, then: what is your problem? Could you hear one another speaking in Mumble? Did you see the words "Factorio Linked" in your Mumble chat?

8 months ago

Yes, we looked at the screen through discord and checked and jammed each other in DS (well, we just turned off micro, etc., and went into the game (when they beat us in DS) well, you understand
but sometimes I noticed that if I was not in the factor, I got error code No. 3 and as soon as I entered (opened) the factor I turned to the server, everything connected again
but at the same time we didn’t hear each other (((
in ds yes but in the program Mumble itself no

8 months ago

With Mumble open, and Factorio closed: could you hear each other in Mumble?

If so: did you get "Factorio Linked?". Please ignore the "error code no 3" message for now. That should not affect things. It will be removed soon.

If so, did you change these settings?

8 months ago

While we haven’t applied the new settings, it hasn’t been possible, I think one of these days we’ll try to check it again.

Although we won’t share the factor and the program with each other.(

8 months ago

No worries. I hope that if you try it again you can get it working. I will always be able to give you help.

New response