Pollution Scaling

Scales pollution in the map view based on the amount of pollution in the most-polluted chunk.

Utilities
10 months ago

g UPS issue

1 year, 6 months ago

Since the 1.0.2 update, I'm seeing lag spikes from this mod in the ~450ms range under "show-time-usage" and "show-lua-object-statistics". Any idea what could be causing this?

1 year, 6 months ago

That's very unusual. The only real change in 1.0.2 was to set up as part of the main control.lua script instead of inside on_init. That change shouldn't affect performance at all. Are you sure this is new to 1.0.2?
For what it's worth, you can set the interval in the map settings, it should be fine to set it to a very high value like once every five or ten minutes.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

The only real work this mod does is query the amount of pollution in each chunk of each surface, once each defined internal. So the issue could also be a large number of chunks and/or surfaces, especially if you're using a mod like SE perhaps? I could theoretically split that work across multiple ticks, if that's the issue, but that wouldn't be a problem unique to 1.0.2.

1 year, 4 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response. I do have a large map, but I'm not sure if the issue is unique to 1.0.2.

1 year, 3 months ago

BUMP ...
I have a relatively small map but 1000+ PU pollution and I get the lag as well (latest version 1.1.87).
ilbjanissary can you have another look at this ... it is pretty annoying.

1 year, 2 months ago

yes, there is a problem. freezes about once every 5 seconds (fps\ups drops to ~57)

1 year, 1 month ago

Version 1.0.4 should address these issues. Calculations are spread across ticks based on the number of chunks to iterate and the mod setting "Update interval".

In this version, if performance is an issue, increasing the update interval should actually have the effect of lowering the time usage of this mod per tick, where previous versions would simply lag less often based on the interval value.

New response