4 years ago

g Pipe

4 years ago

Pipe?

4 years ago

Pipe:
a. A hollow cylinder or tube used to conduct a liquid, gas, or finely divided solid.
b. A section or piece of such a tube.
a. A device for smoking, consisting of a tube of wood, clay, or other material with a small bowl at one end.
b. An amount of smoking material, such as tobacco, needed to fill the bowl of a pipe; a pipeful.
3. Informal
a. A tubular part or organ of the body.
b. pipes The passages of the human respiratory system.
4. Abbr. p.
a. A large wine cask, especially one having a capacity of 126 gallons or 2 hogsheads (478 liters).
b. This volume as a unit of liquid measure.
5. Music
a. A tubular wind instrument, such as a flute.
b. Any of the tubes in an organ.
c. pipes A small wind instrument, consisting of tubes of different lengths bound together.
d. pipes A bagpipe.
6. pipes Informal The vocal cords; the voice, especially as used in singing.
7. A birdcall.
8. Nautical A whistle used for signaling crew members: a boatswain's pipe.
9. Geology
a. A vertical cylindrical vein of ore.
b. One of the vertical veins of eruptive origin in which diamonds are found in South Africa.
10. Geology An eruptive passageway opening into the crater of a volcano.
11. Metallurgy A cone-shaped cavity in a steel ingot, formed during cooling by escaping gases.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Lol

You know, I left my sarcasm detector in the other room but I sware I can hear it going off from here.

Just out of curiosity, I figured this was a personal mod uploaded for convenience, but what does it do?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

@DTSephiroth:
Actually, I'm not the author of this mod, so I don't know what it does. Will it provide more/bigger/better/smaller pipelines? Will it introduce a tobacco industry? Is it a music add-on, containing organ music or Scotch bag pipe music? So many possibilities, and all Devonx25 has to say is that short word "Pipe"!

@Devonx25:
Seriously, a bit more information what the mod does would be desirable! I certainly won't download a mod that I don't know anything about. So, what does it do, what's the purpose of it, is it targeted at other users at all, or are you just using the mod portal as a back-up site for a personal mod? You've got all the information page to explain the mod, you could also include pictures. So, make use of it, please! :-)
:-)

4 years ago

I looked at the code, it just makes a recipe named "pipe-0". Exactly the same as the pipe recipe.

4 years ago

? Now I'm just confused.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I had mods that put pipes behind research but needed pipes for research.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

OK, that makes sense eventually! Nevertheless, if you already did go through the trouble to make the mod public[*], you really should go all the way and add a description! It is a mod that solves a very specific problem in a very specific situation, so it's likely that only very few people will need it. But it could still be useful to those who play with the same mods as you did -- and they won't have a chance to ever find it if you only tell what it does somewhere deep down in a thread on the discussion board. :-)

[*] You'll probably know that already, but you don't have to upload a mod in order to use it! Just put it into the mods folder of your Factorio installation and the game will load it …

4 years ago

People needed it on here to join my game.

New response