Ore Chaos deprecated

Replace a small fraction of the tiles in an ore patch by tiles of a different type. - 'Help there's coal in my copper ore!'

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Mining

i Interaction with All Mineable

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

the mod: "All Mineable" adds various intermediates as minables, each of which requiring a different fluid type. In normal generation this is fine. With certain settings (when ore-chaos) is installed, this poses a true problem. there are a few distribution settings that work totally fine (default, for example causes no issues)---but the "uniformly distributed", or "a bit of everything" cause large areas of patches to be un-mineable due to tiles requiring different fluids within any 5x5 square.

There's a few solutions to this that i can think of off the top of my head.
Option 1) Add special If-else-case-structure to remove all the ores from All Mineables from the list of ORES allowed to be inserted into other ore-patches.
Option 2) blacklist modification of All Mineables ores/resources altogether. they'll be treated like uranium in some of your mods settings, never mixing with anything that isn't themselves.

Option 3) the lazy option. Simply put: edit the description within the config window for those options that result in All Minables ores being inserted into other fields in such a way that an electric miner no longer functions due to each 5x5 have ores that require different fluids. Something like "This particular generation setting is not suitable for play along with All Mineables at this current point in time."

Option 4) Add optional dependency to All Mineables to force Ore Chaos to load after it, then remove the fluid requirement from the ores it adds and/or replace it with sulfuric acid.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

And there may actually be a 5th option) place ores from All Mineables ores into groups similar to how you did with bob's mods were put into tiers: Except, using the fluid-requirement-type as their grouping category.
Then set up fields to only mix non-fluid-requiring ores with a SINGLE type of fluid-group-ore.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I feel I should rework how the mod deals with fluid requirements, those werent really a thing when I made the mod initially. The fully-random options like uniformly distributed would indeed work better if they grouped items with compatible fluid requirements.

I'm rather busy at the moment so i'm not sure when i'll find time to do this but I hope i'll get around to it eventually.

New response