Ore Chaos deprecated

Replace a small fraction of the tiles in an ore patch by tiles of a different type. - 'Help there's coal in my copper ore!'

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Mining

i Compatibility with Angels Ore

6 years ago

I am testing this mod, how it feels. My first impression is "wow what a cool mod". But I am playing with angelsores, and this mod removes the original ores and replaces them into other ores. It would be great, if this mod could see which ores are available and use these to spawn.
When playing with BobsMods, the new Ores like "Alumina" should be spawn as well.

Cheers,
Medi

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I think the Bits of Everything preset (under Mod Settings > Map) might be what you're looking for. That should replace any generated ore with any ore that exists in the game, even if it was disabled; meaning copper and tin in your stiratite and bobmonium.

At least, that's how it should work, I think

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Please be aware that to play with bobsmods or angel's mods properly you'll want to change the mod settings. There is a preset for bobsmods and one for angel's mods. The "bits of everything" preset will spawn literally all ores that are in the game, I hope one of these is what you want. I'd like to make bobsmods compatibility default but I'd have to do some refactoring on the mod and I dont have time to do that currently.

I think bob made a new ore at some point, I'll see if I can add that one.

6 years ago

How it should look using the Bits of Everything setting with AngelBobs HERE

However... I think there might be a problem with AngelBobs. Going around the various ore fields, I saw angel ores and vanilla ores, but no bob ores (Alumina, Tin, etc). The Bobmods Alternative and Uniformly Distributed didn't help; only angel and vanilla ores would spawn.

Angel's Refining might be outright removing Bobs ores from the oregen table, not just disabling them.

6 years ago

I looked into what you are describing and I'm not going to change this. That particular part of my mod works by looking for all resource entities that are available when the map is loaded or started. If bob's ores arent spawned then it's probably because angel removes the entities for bob's ores (though he keeps the items). I'd have to re-create entities for bob's ores and that in turn might break parts of the modpack or other mods, I really dont want to touch this stuff.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yeaah, that's pretty annoying. I was hoping there might be a way to squeeze in between angel's and bobs during one of the data step, saving a copy of what bob has, and then re-enabling it...

But that just makes me wonder, why do the vanilla ores work at all if they've been disabled just like bobs? I'm pretty sure angel uses the same "set resource to nil, set auto-place to nil" on both types of ores, so why do they react differently?

New response