Ore Chaos deprecated

Replace a small fraction of the tiles in an ore patch by tiles of a different type. - 'Help there's coal in my copper ore!'

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Mining

g [Fixed] Ore replacement issue

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hi blueblue,
after the last update i went out charting new areas in my game and spotted a lot of resource patches that were only partially affected by ore chaos. Here is an example: http://imgur.com/pQqMQYh
I tested it in sandbox mode, using RSO. Can you reproduce this error? I use one of the default settings ("Increase with Distance") and this issue occurs almost every time i discover a new ore patch.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Thanks for the report. I think I know what the cause of this but it's hard to fix. In short, your ore patches are too large for the way I handle RSO-compatibility, if you generated smaller resource patches you'd be fine. I'll see if I can find a way to fix this.

Edit: I had a typo that removed my RSO-compatibility thing. Fixed this now so it should be alright for most patches now. If your ore patch is larger than five times five chunks you'll get into trouble regardless and I still dont quite know how to fix this. So you might not want to turn up the size multiplier to 11.

6 years ago

Thank you! I just tested your new version and it fixed the issue in for most medium sized patches and reduced it for bigger patches significantly. I found a 7x7 chunk iron patch which was also almost completely replaced except for a few chunks. Great work!

New response