Ore Chaos deprecated

Replace a small fraction of the tiles in an ore patch by tiles of a different type. - 'Help there's coal in my copper ore!'

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Mining

g Share your Ore Replacement configurations. 0.2.*

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Version 0.2.* includes a more powerful config format. Check out config.lua. If you happen to make a special config, for a mod or just the default game, this is the place to share it. I might add it to the mod in an upcoming version. For quick testing I suggest the sandbox scenario.

7 years ago

For use with Ore Chaos (tested v0.2.1) in combination with Angels Refining (tested v0.6.13) and Angels Infinite Ores (tested v0.5.4). Also tested with RSO v2.3.5; works perfectly.

Only affects outside of starting area; The 4 basic angels' ores (which replace all other ores except coal) are chaos'd at 25% rate. 25% chance to replace with any of the other basic ores. The 2 higher tier ores are chaos'd at a 33% rate. 40% chance to replace with the other high tier ore, and 20% chance to replace with one of the 4 basic ores (5% each).

https://pastebin.com/08E82LbE

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Kryzeth I had a look at it and it seems great and I'd like to add this to the mod. The one thing I am not sure about is you are not replacing infinite ores and I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

Edit: Also the names in your comments dont correspond to your config data. I'm not familiar with angel's smelting so I dont know what rubyte and bobmonium are, so I cant fix this. From the locale-file:
angels-ore1=Saphirite
angels-ore2=Jivolite
angels-ore3=Stiratite
angels-ore4=Crotinnium
angels-ore5=Rubyte
angels-ore6=Bobmonium

Edit2: I wanted to get a new version out because the default in the config was set to exclude the starting area, which I dont want to be default behavior. I changed your cfg to replace infinite stuff too, but otherwise took it as it is.

7 years ago

Hmmm, my commented info might have been wrong. I probably assumed that it went in order of importance, from 1 to 6. Also, the replacing infinite ores thing, I thought that defaulted to true if not specified? That was the only reason I omitted it.

As for the actual ores, I'll have to check that each numbered ore is what I think it is. But saphirite and stiratite are like iron and copper (these are their main outputs when processed), rubyte and bobmomonium are like tin and lead (from bob's mods, can't remember which was which) and these 4 are always in the starting area, so are the basics.

Crotininium and Jivolite, I honestly have never gotten to in a bobs-angels modpack, but they are supposed to be the end-game ores from bobs, like rutile, cobalt, etc. These 2 are always found far from the base, very rarely.

7 years ago

If you want it to work on infinite ores, as it stands right now you have to include the infinite name, i.e. name_equal = {"zinc-ore", "infinite-zinc-ore"} or just name_contains = {"zinc-ore"}. I might change that since you are right, it is not really intuitive.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Okay so yeah, I was definitely wrong about the names of the ores. Ore2 and ore4 are jivolite and crotinnium, and ore1, 3, 5, and 6 are saphirite, stiratite, rubyte, and bobmomonium respectively.

7 years ago

Edited pastebin here with updated ore names. Tested with bobs-angels and rso, and everything worked as expected.

New response