ModMash Splinter, Them

Mod Mash Splinter Them, adds a later game technologically advanced enemy. Launching a rocket alerts Them to your presence. They come with one goal to wipe you out. The late game enemies build their own base, harvest resources and expand.

Content
2 years ago
Enemies

b Crash Random Intervals

3 years ago

7050.776 Error MainLoop.cpp:1285: Exception at tick 11034109: The mod ModMash Splinter, Them (1.1.19) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event modmashsplinterthem::on_entity_died (ID 4)
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:225: bad argument #2 of 2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'random'
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:225: in function 'local_init_surface'
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:249: in function 'local_clear_surface'
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1455: in function 'local_removed'
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1726: in function <modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1725>

3 years ago

makes no sense interval should be 6 min and 8-25 max so there is an interval. I am plugging up with and extra check

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I happens when i destroy un robotport in a them base

3 years ago

Yeah but it's not that. That seem to work most the time but the function math.random(min,max) seem to be failing just sometimes.
it's saying there is no interval, nothing between the min and max example math.random(1,1) even though it should work just return 1. the calls I make to it though should be something math.random(6,25) so not sure... I actually had initially had a who swag of tests checking the interval was greater than 1 but it shouldn't have been required and was just code bloat so it went. I guess I should make a new function testing every thing.

3 years ago

Thank you for your quick answer, but after your update, a random crash:

568.685 Error MainLoop.cpp:1285: Exception at tick 11221800: The mod ModMash Splinter, Them (1.1.20) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event modmashsplinterthem::on_nth_tick(120)
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1046: bad argument #2 of 2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'random'
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1046: in function 'check_base_exists'
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1348: in function 'local_nth_tick_surface'
modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1393: in function <modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:1374>

3 years ago

Dammit. Sorry its getting late now i may need to look at tomorrow

3 years ago

i'll fix this one

3 years ago

I will remove the them mod because the game has become unplayable.
Can i put it back later (after fixing) ?

3 years ago

yep

3 years ago

it appears another function was returning values below the start interval... I have put checks around that function. Will test more tomorrow

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

A bit too fast:

51.832 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1590: modmashsplinterthem/control.lua:992: ')' expected (to close '(' at line 991) near 'end'

This thread has been locked.