ModMash

New Planets, Late game enemy, Land Mines, Underground world, Subways, Valkyries, Ore refining, Crash Site Items and Tech Loot, Subspace Transport, Sub-Dimensional Stacking, Biter harvesting. Placeable spawners, Alien Ooze, Ore Enrichments, conversions, Regenerative Walls and Belts, Recycler, Fluid controls, Mini Boiler, Fishing Machine, Mini Loaders. Titanium Walls, pipes and Belts, Biter Neural Toxin, Fish and Ooze juice. This is a modpack for all splinters.

Overhaul
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Mod Mash Balance

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello, tonight we played a good bit of all the mods in the mod mash series and I have some feedback/bugs.

We spawned and were immediately over run by so many biters 5 minutes in. It took 5 of us dying over and over to clear and eventually clear. Is this intended? We had default biter settings.

Can't use wire shortcuts mod because of green wire being used instead of a mod-specific item for Green Circruit crafting. We can manually craft GCs but not automate.

The loot chests are super imbalanced. We found tons with 70+ T3 modules, 50+ logistics chests, 100+ bots, full T3 suit with PLDs, and power, underground shaft 1 & 2, and underground power stations. All before we even had red science automated.

Clicking on pings doesn't doing anything if they're on a different surface than you. SpaceExploration mod snaps you to the surface when someone pings on a different surface and I wonder if you can do something similar here?

The message that you unlock technology isn't clear "why" as you're exploring. The first few labs we found we weren't sure what they did. Maybe it can be clearer?

Is there a way to make the directional character placement a little smoother when moving from shaft to shaft? We kept dropping down and immediately going through the shaft again.

Maybe some informatron compatibile mod entries would be good to explain some of the stuff going on or give direction.

We believe the battery cells may have broken on the map. After maybe 5-10 minutes they just stopped charging. On the surface, underground, even with we 200+ underground stations charged with only 4 mines to pull power. It may have something to do with our dead battery cells on the 2nd level shaft not connected to power but we didnt investigate further.

The queens nest was a cool idea but again, before even getting green science and having all this stuff buffed up we were also able to dig to the queens nest, and kill the behemoths with the PLDs in the suit we got + some turrets from across the wall. Maybe having spitters spawn there?

The queens nest also only half spawned. The rest of the outside wall didnt' spawn and it was just a straight edge line at the end of the map.

3 years ago

The overrun by biters is not due to Modmash. Modmash does does not effect biter placement on any surfaces other than the undergrounds. Nor does it alter any Biter AI.

The Wire shortcut mod removes/hide recipes required due to the mods opinion and attempted enforcement of that view. You can enable a surrogates setting in that mod but it doesn't quite work and requires some messing around in this mod. Generally I try if I can make things compatible but the blue/purple wire things it add in-stead of the standard red/green I don't like few other reasons but I will be making no effort to deal with wire shortcuts.

Loot chests, difficult one due to some wanting it one way the others wanting it another way. What was eventually done is loot groups were created and this allowed other modders to register or add their items to groups.
I will check the distance modifications again and check over code

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Pings I will need to look into, Better descriptions and making things clear is something I will work on but will be incremental.

3 years ago

Queen half spawn, Shaft teleport, tie into undergrounds and in that I'm working on the trains which I am leaving noted as BETA for a bit. I will put tweaks in there. Teleporting will only need slight tweaking and the queen spawned right something else appears to have gone wrong with the surface generation routine which I will check on.
The rest discussed in discord

This thread has been locked.